Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the skinny SE drive belt that came with my Hogpro 280 kit. Directions say to ensure proper belt direction but not sure how one goes about doing that? I didn't see any directional markings on the belt itself. Just see the screaming eagle logo and some numbers.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
It's only directional after it's been installed and used. I assume that's because the "teeth" have a wear pattern that develops and changing the direction could stress it enough to weaken the cords. I've run mine in both directions without a problem. If you're concerned, I think the factory installs it so you can read the bar and shield when you are standing on the left side of the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
mjw930 said:
It's only directional after it's been installed and used. I assume that's because the "teeth" have a wear pattern that develops and changing the direction could stress it enough to weaken the cords. I've run mine in both directions without a problem. If you're concerned, I think the factory installs it so you can read the bar and shield when you are standing on the left side of the bike.
Thats how I put mine on evertime I put it back together. I make sure the eagle is facing me when I'm standing on the left side of the bike

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mjw930 said:
Cool, that's what I did.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Just something else to worry about.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It is directional and gets a wear pattern, however when mine started making noise I flipped it backwards and the noise went away. :) Found the same thing true with serpentine belts on cars, when they start to squeak you can flip them and they will stop at least for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the tension on the skinny SE belt the same as the stock one? I went out and bought the belt tension guage. Can't wait to get her on the road again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts