Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLease bear with me. But a guy around my home has a 04 1130 vrod with no mods. He says his bike would no problem smoking my bike. MY bike is an 2011 vrscdx with a stage 1 se kit : se filer, sert, V&H competition 2 into 1 exhaust. I think this guy is bad mistaken, but I could be. This guy also weights about 50 lbs more than me but I can out ride him. This will be a drag race. I just wanna know which engine is more powerful.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
if his is stock, and yours is tuned properly, yours

·
Noel
4,602 Posts
Your's, Good luck on the race, which is mostly decided by rider skills, with weight to HP ratio a second most important factor considering the modest differences in power between the two engines.

Race safe, do it on a track where you can get time slips to prove & accurately measure each of your performances

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Your's, Good luck on the race, which is mostly decided by rider skills, with weight to HP ratio a second most important factor considering the modest differences in power between the two engines.

Race safe, do it on a track where you can get time slips to prove accurately measure each of your performances
:them:

The rider will most likely decide it. The start is extremely important.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
1250 is a little more by about 5-8 horse. but it will all come down to the rider

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
1250 is a little more by about 5-8 horse. but it will all come down to the rider
True but you give that away with the extra weight of the 240 versus the 180 which should make the bikes about even.

IMO, this should be close if both riders are of similar experience, although he claims the other rider is 50lbs. heavier.

Good advise to settle this at the track by the guys above.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I agree that they should be about even. Slightly different horsepower and slightly different weights and rolling resistances should pretty much make it a wash IMO.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well 50 lbs is probably a understatement. I weigh 150lbs and he weighs around 225. Also I had my dyno tuned for the most power that I can get. It made a very impressive 127.63 hp at the ground and 87.34 lbs tq. Yes we will run at our local track but they only run 1/8 mile races. The guy just came up to me at a local atv dealer and said you got a nice bike but mine faster. I'm glad he feels that good about his bike cause we are going to be making a little wager.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you're running a dunlop 240 (heavy boat anchor of a tire) and he's running any other brand 180 (which would be about 10lbs lighter than the stock 240 dunlop), you'll still whoop him

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
If there's any doubt, put a Trask turbo on your scoot, guarantee you'll smoke him :)...

1 - 20 of 159 Posts