Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, that was a stupid question. Well getting my 03 vrod back today with Mega-cycle Cam installed. Just called and order my TT exhaust (Kaz reference gets you a discount....thanks Kaz). Hopefully by early next week my Pro-One wheels(been on order since before xmas) will be in with the 200 metz mounted and I can get them installed before bikeweek.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Brent,
Glad I could help! ;) Sound Like a Mean Machine your Building there.How about a few Before and after Pics and Dyno sheets!You are getting in Pretty Deep as you already Know~ :kaz:

P.S Whats Next? :diablo:

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Brent, what style wheel did you get?
I just had my Pro-One wheels, rotors and pulley installed. I am very impressed with them.

·
Submariner
186 Posts
fehrc said:
Brent, what style wheel did you get?
I just had my Pro-One wheels, rotors and pulley installed. I was very impressed with them.
What style did you go with, how long did you have to wait, and where's your pics?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I went with the Nova's.
I just picked up the bike from my dealer (they installed the wheels, rotors, pulley, Russell brake and clutch lines, just to name a few things) and have been scrambling getting the rest of it done for the bike show this weekend. Therefore, I'll have pics this weekend while it's at the show.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I had to wait about 3 months for mine. The hold up was strictly due to the pulley. They custom make each pulley after the order is placed. Also, after they made the first one they weren't happy with the chroming so they did it again. I didn't mind the wait and was happy to see that they took pride in their QC.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Shawn, what about the big bore kit? ;)
That will be my next big mod. Probably not till next winter though. I had the bike ripped apart too much this summer to do that again! And spring is too close now to start something this big.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Brent,
What's the specs on the cam?
I too got the "super Kaz" discount ;) .I got the 28t pulley also.I don't see an end to my addiction to power. :diablo: for quit awhile. :mrgr:
Sam is a cool cat,We probably would've BSed all afternoon. :ride:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Well he Might be getting my bike next week for the New"BBR" Motor and STUFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :diablo: :hyper: :dance: :angeldev: :cool: ;)

p.s Nobody will be aloud to call his shop and ask him question till it's Finished!I need his Utmost Attention on this One! ;)

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
KEVINS said:
I hope that EVERYONE mods the crap out of their bikes b/c I plan on leaving mine stock and then it will look "different":D
I think you might be on to something KEVINS!! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Specs on the Cam:
intake: .450 lift 259 duration
exhaust: .415 lift 246 duration
Kaz, without any tuning for the new Cam (will get tuned when I install the TT's): Max power = 112.7 Max Torque = 73.9 .... I am very confident with TT's and tuned I should get 120+ easy.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Brent,
Not with out a Race Tuner!You need to bump up your Rev Limit and tune each cylinder.The Rear runs hotter a Leaner .It is prone to coil problems also! So check you spark on all runs!:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As for the Pro_one wheels & rotors..... I wont comment until I have them on hand..... it has been 7 weeks since I ordered them..... the pulley will be shipped later when complete (and who knows when that will be).....

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kaz,
Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind... By the way, I am not building this to race just like the added HP when I want it. I commute 70 mi round trip to work and if you have ever been to the TampaBay area in FL you know fast will only get you killed during rush hour.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Brent,
Did you have a basline done - iand what type of dyno do you have - I am interested in your experience with the cams as well as the TT pipes. Kaz is right regarding the HD Tuner - 5HP over PCIII - of course assuming good tuning.
Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unfortunately, The only baseline is from when I first got the bike and had the SE pkg put on it. I ran something like 105hp on a dyno truck(the kind where 2 bikes race side by side). I had never done it before so it took me several attempts to get that. Dont know what change if any the 28T and Race Tuner made after that. I can definitely just riding the increase the cam made. Not sure what model Dyno my Dealer uses. Buying parts all the time leaves little extra $ for running on there dyno.

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
KEVINS said:
I hope that EVERYONE mods the crap out of their bikes b/c I plan on leaving mine stock and then it will look "different":D
Here! Here!

I remember many mods/accessories with my first H-D. Yawn :laugh:.

Nowadays I'm content with the basic air/chip/exhaust upgrade. Maybe a seat if my rear end tells me so. IMO, H-D nailed it out of the box with the VRSCA :thumb:.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes the forkbrace definitely helped. Got to test it while riding into work this morning.... the wind gusts coming over the bridge were 12-15mph.... it does not seem to twist as much. I also noticed that when making a right hand turn it seems more precise, had to watch for over steering.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts