Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a 2009 VRSCDX I have now gone topless running a K&N with Supertrapp Fatshots 12 disks. Should I be looking at the Thundermax.? I have not ridden it as these are winter mods. I have read many reports here both positive and negative, and am aware of the benefits and the possible frustrations. Is it too early in the bike history (4300 kilometres/ app. 2700 miles) for this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
go for it

Go for it, youll save on taking it in to have it tuned.

Im in Kelowna, and have been running the ThunderMax with autotune on my 2008 1250cc since it was new. You can adjust anything you want or leave it to do everything automatically. I love it, they are worth it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go for it, youll save on taking it in to have it tuned.

Im in Kelowna, and have been running the ThunderMax with autotune on my 2008 1250cc since it was new. You can adjust anything you want or leave it to do everything automatically. I love it, they are worth it.
Thanks Vrod247. Did you get the Tmax locally or order it online. I would like to know where either way.
I would also like to know if you continue to tweak it or, just let it adjust itself.

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
It came on the bike when i bought it with less than 5000km.

I think I would try Kreator Cycles in Kelowna http://kreater.com/
they had about 10 in stock on the wall last summer when i was there.

Its likely not very hard to install, but keep in mind your going to be changing out your 02 sensors for the tmax ones.

I continually tweak it, it gets better all the time on its own, but i still like to load a new tmax map when it comes out, and log some miles, then let the autotune setup do its job.
Very good system overall.

Im sad to say im buying a PCIII USB for my other Vrod, just because its cheaper and I dont have 02 sensors on that bike because its older. Id love to have another thundermax on that bike also.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I chose the Thundermax because I had zero desire to waste my brief PA & OH riding season sitting at the dyno. Get it, follow the instructions to the letter, don't tweak, don't do any rides shorter than 50 miles for the first couple hundred miles, and you'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I chose the Thundermax because I had zero desire to waste my brief PA & OH riding season sitting at the dyno. Get it, follow the instructions to the letter, don't tweak, don't do any rides shorter than 50 miles for the first couple hundred miles, and you'll be happy.
And don't mod your bike any more (no head work, cams or throttle body) or YOU'LL BE UNHAPPY (or out $300+ for a dyno tune to make you happy - MAYBE)...

Rick

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had the same setup as you and ran the T-Max for 15,000 km with my Fat Shots and 12 discs, it worked pretty good once I got a tweaked map back from Zippers. I would buy the T-Max from Sharkey on here, he will hook you up.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Please keep in mind it is more then just putting on the bike.

You will have to do some work with the T-Max.

There is a learning curve with these.

Make sure you are willing to learn the system before spending the money.

Now $300.00 for a dyno does not seem to bad.

thinking out loud again...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please keep in mind it is more then just putting on the bike.

You will have to do some work with the T-Max.

There is a learning curve with these.

Make sure you are willing to learn the system before spending the money.

Now $300.00 for a dyno does not seem to bad.

thinking out loud again...
I am aware that any change to a bike or its electronics systems will take time to learn and is not for the impatient person. I can only assume the manual they have for the air cooled HD bikes is so similar that I can use it to orientate myself prior to installation and running. That plus the countless YouTube Videos I should be okay, given enough time.

Thanks everyone for your posts and keep em coming if more needs to be stated. As always this forum has such a broad knowledgeable group, it is the first place I search and the one I rely on the most.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts