Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seen the new Indian " PowerPlus" Engine for the Indian " Challenger " ?

108" 1769cc 6500 Rpm Hydraulic Valve lash adjusters

60 Degree Cylinders, 4 Overhead Valve Cylinder Head Liquid cooled

122 Hp @ 5500 Rpm 128 Ft.Lb @ 3800 Rpm

6 Speed Tranny

Harley Davidson should have built this first, are they going to finally get over their morbid fear of hanging a full radiator on one of their bikes and match the " Challenger " ? Or is it the END ? :D

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
I've seen the promo, looks good so far,BUT it also appears destined to be in a "Bagger".

(Not that there's anything wrong with that ! :twisted: )

Supposedly going to be released 10/29/19. Guess we'll see then.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
:lick:I'm with the fishmonger on this one but needs a redesigned Scout platform to get me onboard.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Brilliant! 122 HP! The 114 Milwaukee 8 is about 80. Crushes it! Wake up, Harley! Can’t wait to see it at Long Beach next month. Finally, a fixed fairing! Bravo!

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
A water cooled 60 degree OHC V-Twin with 4 Valve heads, 6 speed bagger. What Harley could have/should have done, Indian did.

Spanking them at the Flat track races with the FTR750 Scout as well. Eight of the top ten finishers for 2019 season were on Indians.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Foot Draggers like H-D are not treated kindly by a hungry competitor. Maybe this will wake H-D up. Lots of bikes to build, but behind the power curve. H-D should have built this Power Plus type of engine concurrent / right after the Revolution engine. What the Hell were they thinking ? I just can't understand this. LEAD, FOLLOW or Get the HELL OUTTA THE WAY. Guess H-D has picked the latter ? FOLLOW is the next business move ? Somebody please explain it to me - I don't see the logic.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
HD are going global.Wider audience needs more of a Toyota Camry approach.Niche = low volume, not what HD are after anymore.
Indian are starting from a smaller base and cleaning up the crumbs HD are abandoning.
Buyers just need to be flexible enough in their thinking to pick from the crop of availability based on need not badge and they will find there is something out there for most everyone.
Crazy as it seems we may just have the bike we need sitting in the shed right now, in that case who gives a rats ass what they're not coming out with.
A resurrected V Rod could be turned into a pile of crap by HD for all we know.
If you had the choice which engine would you prefer in your current V Rod, Porsche or Indian Powerplus?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts