Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at FAQ and other info,but can't get an answer-TIA:)
love my v-rod, but it sounds like a lawnmower f'd a sewing machine. really like the V&H dual slip-ons (although very loud) and can't afford them right now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There is a thread on here that shows how someone did the v-mod themselves on a 2009 VRSCF. As far as I know the exhaust has not changed from 2009 to 2011.

·
Orange is cool!
118 Posts
There is a great write-up on how to do the old A/B model V-Mods. If I remember correctly it was a power-point document. I did my old pipes without too much effort.

The VRSCF pipes on the other hand sound like a real pain to do by yourself. I wish there was a good step by step procedure out there.

I bought an extra set to try doing myself or possibly sending off to get done. With the price of purchasing the extra pipes plus the mod price of nearly $400 it may just be better off buying the V&H or the Tabs. I just like the way the stock pipes look though.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...your right it does sound just like that.. yes you can do it yourself but its a question of your patience.

...plus the mod price of nearly $400 it may just be better off buying the V&H ...

thanks for the replies, so there is a cost associated with DIY??

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I read thru that thread and

I think I can wait to do the V&H dual slip-ons, not that the DIY mod sounds too difficult, but I want to have the ability to 'tune' the motor. right now if the 'stock pipes modded' approach caused a problem (he said his low end power became crappy) I'd be stuck.
I'm telling myself-be patient, do it right:broke::banghead:

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Bassani is coming out with some pretty nice ones as well.

·
Orange is cool!
118 Posts
It's the 450 (ebay new) V&H slip ons and the 10 minute install sold me ;)

Watch e-bay and the vendors and do it right...
I keep watching, but I can't find anything for $450. The best I have come across in the past couple days is $500 with free shipping.

One day that elusive deal will come by.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's the 450 (ebay new) V&H slip ons and the 10 minute install sold me ;)

Watch e-bay and the vendors and do it right...

Bassani is coming out with some pretty nice ones as well.

thanks for the encouragement, when I have the money(permission)$50 won't make or break me. I want to have a tuner ready to go when I change the exhaust because of potential over-lean/poor performance issues arising from modding the exhaust. I'd like to hear the Bassani, not sure what the black pipes would look like w/my chrome yellow paint, may prefer the 'matching' finish like the V&H slip-ons..
thanks.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
thanks for the encouragement, when I have the money(permission)$50 won't make or break me. I want to have a tuner ready to go when I change the exhaust because of potential over-lean/poor performance issues arising from modding the exhaust. I'd like to hear the Bassani, not sure what the black pipes would look like w/my chrome yellow paint, may prefer the 'matching' finish like the V&H slip-ons..
thanks.
It's my understanding they will have both available. They are working on a 2-1 right now. I should get a pic shortly. As I get info though, I will post it. I can't wait to hear it as well.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I definitely am getting a dual-style setup (like the muscle comes with) regardless of the manufacturer. my understanding is the 2-into-1 gives more ponys, but even w/a little less HP, I like the way the duals look.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
I definitely am getting a dual-style setup (like the muscle comes with) regardless of the manufacturer. my understanding is the 2-into-1 gives more ponys, but even w/a little less HP, I like the way the duals look.
Agreed. I have been debating getting a set of slips as well but I always go back to more ponies. :D I will probably end up with some though cause I think the wife is gonna hate the noise from the 2-1. The only time I want the stockers to go back on the bike is if I ever need to take it to the dealer for warranty work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts