Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

The Big Bore kit strikes me as the ultimate (other than Nitro) power mod. Is anyone in the forum running a 80 inch Vrod?

I called zippers to ask about dyno maps - didn't get anything although I was assured that 140 rwh was possible...

Hmmm, 140 hp with just this mod? :bs: Hard to believe... Perhaps they meant HP at the crank.

Tell me though, someone must have the kit, or perhaps you are planning to install it... how does the bike run?

Rodman

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I'm in the Process of doing it if I ever get my Bike back from the dealership!:mad: Sam and I will do a Complete write up with step by step pics and Dyno results!:cool:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I would talk to chopper steve at v-mod.He is about the cheapest in pricing.Zipper's is pricey.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks,

I've contacted ChopperSteve, he's doing alot of these and that's great cause experience matters. I don't know where I would take the bike in the UK...

... I'll need to dissassemble the rod and ship the cases (or just the whole motor). I'm living in Europe and I don't know of a shop out here that could do it.

Is it difficult work? Dissassembling the motor looks like more than a backyard job...I was surprised by how much work just getting the battery out was. I cant imagine what pulling the engine must be like.

That's one thing I love about my Road King... working on it is like playing with a mechano set, easy, fun, and if you get it wrong, well, you just unbend the pieces.:hitfan:

Still let's hear about first hand experiences with this coolest-of-cool engine mod!

Can you go bigger than 1300cc :confused: ?

Rodman

·
V-Mod.com
581 Posts
Yes, when we ran the 10.83 that was with stock cams. I'm still playing with the Mega-Cycle Cams to widen the power band. The cams make more power, but all on top and have less torque down low. The stock cams make tons of torque down low, but start to fall off above 7k. The stock cams seem to be good for about 127 rwhp, we reached 134 with the Mega Cycle Cams. The Stocks will stocks make over 80lbs ft at 4k. This great for the launch[ great 100 foots times ] we will be working with the cams much more in the near future.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Steve is that still using the factory belt drive?

Max

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Very good question Max. As always!

Steve writes. "The stock cams seem to be good for about 127 rwhp, we reached 134 with the Mega Cycle Cams. The Stocks will stocks make over 80lbs ft at 4k." And I know this is the BB thread. Was that particular comment regarding testing with the BB or stock displacement? I am just compiling available info.
Got an answer from the piper (JM). Got me a tuner. HE offered to install the BB kit:eek: . The machining part is easy as excellent work can be done by several shops here. I just need the kit and was wondwring about cams with it. Zippers has them but they don't come talk to us here and Steve is doing much just for us V'Rodders, and answers my email, every time. That counts in my book even if Steve's stuff was more expensive, and it is not.

Sorry did not get exhaust from V-mod but I had to try JM.

Hey, anyone, really, how many (damn) horses? Where is the info?
Any reliability issues?
This is like baseline research, need to know first no NOS, no forced induction. I have time now and am going for it.

MJW930 happy birthday man. You are one cool V'Rodder for sure.

Thanks to all of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts