Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for "G-Force" on the forums and didn't see any discussion on it. A friend of mine that works in the motorcycle division at the local ProCharger company gave me the info on this. He is usually pretty critical of superchargers other then ProChargers, but he said this kit uses a German charger (Rotex) that is pretty nice. The whole site is in French and the company is in Canada, so Patm will have to translate for us.

It looks as though the drive for the charger is still from the waterpump shaft, so I am not sure why they have the setup on the alternator side as well, perhaps this reinforces the waterpump shaft as a drive system off the crank so the chains aren't the only thing driving the load. Just curious if anyone has any experience with the system.

http://www.gforcedivision.com/fr/pieces/kit_supercharger_v-rod.html

http://www.gforcedivision.com/fr/videos/v-rod.html

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ray I don't think they drive off the water pump. It looks as though they attach to the stator itself and then what you see on the side above the water pump I think is just a jack shaft that runs across the engine. Interesting to say the least, would be nice to know what all the site says.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Ray,

I have seen that before. Looks real nice. I have even forwarded it to the people at Procharger that we know. If anyone could build a top notch kit it would be Procharger. Too bad they do not have any interest in the v-rods over there!! On a side note, I forget the guys name we were talking to at Procharger when we put that kit on the 2006 SE FatBoy, but he said he was good friends with you. We told him that you helped us out on a few things with the v-rods. Its funny just how small of a world it is..................

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Ya I saw this on 1130cc.it

Looks like from what I can see it makes bout the same as the V&H SC. numbers are mostly universal. 140hp and more if you build up the top end...

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vrog said:
Ray,

I have seen that before. Looks real nice. I have even forwarded it to the people at Procharger that we know. If anyone could build a top notch kit it would be Procharger. Too bad they do not have any interest in the v-rods over there!! On a side note, I forget the guys name we were talking to at Procharger when we put that kit on the 2006 SE FatBoy, but he said he was good friends with you. We told him that you helped us out on a few things with the v-rods. Its funny just how small of a world it is..................
I figured you knew them. Being a Mustang nut like you I don't think there is a better system out there for the old 5.0's then ProCharger. I haven't seen the Fatboy but I heard it was totally stock and the bolt on charger put it at like 140hp on pump gas. .............I have offered my bike for R&D:cupcake

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max said:
Ray I don't think they drive off the water pump. It looks as though they attach to the stator itself and then what you see on the side above the water pump I think is just a jack shaft that runs across the engine. Interesting to say the least, would be nice to know what all the site says.
I think I see what you mean know Max after looking at the video closer. Looks like it accesses the stator through the inspection cover and then does it look like it send a shaft under the throttle bodies to the other side and has nothing to do with the waterpump shaft. Is that what you were seeing?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
I think I see what you mean know Max after looking at the video closer. Looks like it accesses the stator through the inspection cover and then does it look like it send a shaft under the throttle bodies to the other side and has nothing to do with the waterpump shaft. Is that what you were seeing?
Yes that is exactly what I see, I have always thought the waterpump shaft to be ill suited to drive a super charger because of seeing what they do to nose kits from the ratching for years on the 3800's. Not sure I like the big cover but they did a good job of cleaning it up and trying to make it match. Would like to see some different angles to see how far it sticks out though.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
I figured you knew them. Being a Mustang nut like you I don't think there is a better system out there for the old 5.0's then ProCharger. I haven't seen the Fatboy but I heard it was totally stock and the bolt on charger put it at like 140hp on pump gas. .............I have offered my bike for R&D:cupcake
Check out the tread incase you missed it. It made 155hp!!! Bike is nuts. We have a smaller pulley and Eric is going to tune it a little further to get the power to come on quicker.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76570&highlight=fatboy

Procharger needs to jump on this, nobody is offering a good supercharger kit at this time. They have all the tooling and equipment to make this happen. Put some pressure on them Ray!:soapbox:

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Translation off of babelfish of the home page. Some gibberish, but you get the drift.

Wouldn't driving off the stator shaft seem to make more sense than the water pump?

Wonder what is costs?

Anyway, translation:

We chose a supercharger Rotrex C30 trim. 74 for V-Rod, this supercharger is quiet and autonomous in oil pressure. It gets a beach of ideal and convivial power for a motor bike. It is the perfect compromise between turbo and a supercharger with screw. With the idle and low mode, overfeeding is not necessary. This is why the push is progressive starting from 2500 T/M. A power is present in the handle of accelerator. No latency, instantaneous response with an increase in the power which follows the engine speed. As the power is progressive with the increase speed, the pilot is in perfect control of his motor bike. With semi-mode, you have approximately 40 % of overfeeding available. This gets to you a striking down acceleration accompanied by a progressive push. As the engine speed assembles overfeeding increases, since the supercharger is pulled by the engine. The more your speed increases, the more you need power and the more the engine provides some to you. At the time of a standing start, at once that you raise the engine speed, you request overfeeding instantaneously. If you preserve the raised T/M, you have the maximum power for all other speeds. In version training course 1, you install the kit on the engine of origin without any modification. The provided pulleys enable you to inject 6 lb overfeeding. The power of V-Rod 1130 passes from 106 HP (aft wheel) to 140 HP. In version training course 2, G-Force recommends the installation of a piston to low compression and Carillo rods. Moreover, you must replace the pulleys of the supercharger with an aim of increasing overfeeding with 10 lb. The power of V-Rod 1130 passes then from 106 HP (aft wheel) to 162 HP.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Max said:
Yes that is exactly what I see, I have always thought the waterpump shaft to be ill suited to drive a super charger because of seeing what they do to nose kits from the ratching for years on the 3800's. Not sure I like the big cover but they did a good job of cleaning it up and trying to make it match. Would like to see some different angles to see how far it sticks out though.

89 Turbo T/A Indy Pace Car 3800....been there done that........fast! :rofl:

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Here's the email I got from G-force. Not clear whether they mean canadian or US $$>

Terry

Hi Terry,

We have a complete installation procedure, done live on a V-Rod recorded on a CD, Approx 15 minutes long. If you wish, I can mail you a copy of the video.
We offer installation and dyno runs of all our supercharger units.
We are also distributors of Pro-Charger twin cam supercharger units.

Price: V-Rod Stage 1 7995$
Stage 2: 10-1 pistons 599$
Carillo connecting rods 999$

I have included a File stating more details on our supercharger kit.

Any further questions, dont hesitate to e.mail or phone me.

Danny Jacques; tech rep.
819-849-4849

You may return back to www.gforcedivision.com very shortly, within a few days there will be more info on the V-rod supercharger kit, and there will be a catalog with all of our high-performance products available.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts