Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TT minus 123 days and counting.
Plane and bike rental reservations made. Spending three weeks between May 30 and June 18. Be basing the early and later parts of the trip out of Lymington.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Have you done TT before? If not be prepared to be impressed I think McGuinness holds the current lap record in the Senior; image AVERAGING 132miles an hour over 4 x 38 mile laps on standard roads and lanes. You have to be in awe:)

If you have some days spare in your schedule maybe a few of the UK guys can hook up for a ride in the Cotswolds etc?

Cheers Skin

·
Registered
415 Posts
RCman , there is an excellent event happening in Ireland on the weekend of 3-6th June in Killarney . Been to it last year and was really good . If you google Irelandbikefest you will get a link to their site and you can check out last years event etc etc . Down side its the start of TT week also . Let me know your thoughts

Moto

·
EXCELSIOR
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you done TT before? If not be prepared to be impressed I think McGuinness holds the current lap record in the Senior; image AVERAGING 132miles an hour over 4 x 38 mile laps on standard roads and lanes. You have to be in awe:)

If you have some days spare in your schedule maybe a few of the UK guys can hook up for a ride in the Cotswolds etc?

Cheers Skin
That's why I posted. I'm up for some meet-ups. Haven't done the TT before but have since I first saw clippings on TV back in the 60's

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lymington

Hi

Where are you staying in Lymington, assuming it is the one in The New Forest down south?

Are you hiring a bike and riding to the TT or getting a bike once there? If you need one whilst in Lymington let me know. My business is based about 30 minutes drive from there and can always help you out with anything bike related whilst you are over here.

Mac

·
EXCELSIOR
8,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Where are you staying in Lymington, assuming it is the one in The New Forest down south?

Are you hiring a bike and riding to the TT or getting a bike once there? If you need one whilst in Lymington let me know. My business is based about 30 minutes drive from there and can always help you out with anything bike related whilst you are over here.

Mac
Appreciate the offer. I'm staying with an old friend and his family in Lymington, he has a Machine Shop business in Totton.
I've "hired" a bike in Bournemouth, a Suzuki DL1000. I have one here as a second ride and am familiar with it. And the price was right.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Appreciate the offer. I'm staying with an old friend and his family in Lymington, he has a Machine Shop business in Totton.
I've "hired" a bike in Bournemouth, a Suzuki DL1000. I have one here as a second ride and am familiar with it. And the price was right.
Mac has a LOT of bikes under his "command" (the largest fleet in the UK), and most are in Bournemouth :)
http://www.bldgroup.co.uk

Let us know when you are over, as I am just East near Portsmouth and SteveL is up the road in Farnham.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts