Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way to run the wires when inverting the mirrors to keep them from being so visable?

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Be creative.
Seriously, I have not seen how the wires run, but I bet once you start taking it apart, you could figure out how to have a machine shop drill a hole through a bolt to keep the lines out of site.
I did this on my 04B

Jim

·
No Muscle
57 Posts
Drilled a hole in my stems and pulled the wires through. I just put a crown nut on the top of the stalk to keep water out. The rest is just solder and shrink wrap

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would make a small Tube and bend it like the ones for the Throttle Cables. It doesn't have to be Long but you could get real creative on where and how to run it.

another option is to Drill the Mirror stem out and pull the wires so they are still on the Underside of the controls and just use the Acron nut on top.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drilled a hole in my stems and pulled the wires through. I just put a crown nut on the top of the stalk to keep water out. The rest is just solder and shrink wrap
have u done this already? if so i would like to see some close up pics of how it looks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the led light in the mirror stem removeable or is it made in the stem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts