Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live near Hamburg/Germany, am 38 jears old and enjoy riding my 02' V-Rod whenever possible.
My other hobbies are my 1990 VW Corrado G60 (270 HP) and playing rugby.
I am a ship's enineer working as a superintendent for a small shipping group (before I went to sea for 10 jears in the mercheant navy).
My main interest in this forum will be EFI race tuning maps.

Best regards,

Jan-Dirk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:welcome:

There is a lot of information here. Hope that you find this site informative as well as entertaining!

If you don't see the information that you need, ask! There are many very knowledgable people on this site!

-Bry

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: wanna Race?:diablo: ;)

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The present set up is the standard SE slip on with K&N etc
I don't do racing on race tracks - but I like going as fast as possible where ever and when ever but just against myself.

My bikes warranty (2 years in Germany) expires in two month time and then it is time to start thinking about some real tuning. As a start I have ordered the race tuner software kit, more nice goodies are likely to follow.
I am glad that I have found so many experienced bikers in this forum and I am looking forward to share opinions with you folks.

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts
Welcome

Sounds like a nice Corrado, I miss mine.
I too enjoy the VW world, mainly with my blueprinted, balanced, bored over, and supercharged vr6 (320hp, 290tq) This car is a VR6SC so the VRSC V-rod only made sense:icon_mrgr

Though my V-rod is faster than my car, and it's still stock!!

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My CORRADO equals my V-Rod in way of feeling.
320 HP - nice one!
But 270 out of 4 cyl 1.780 cc supercharged is good too...
the G60 gives good torque (300 Nm) at low (5000) RPM
max RPM limit is 8000 1/min

·
4,638 Posts
Jan-Dirk,
I was stationed in Babenhausen Germany form 87,88,89 Loved it..And I miss the Rum Schnitzel and Palm Frits........
:cheers:

·
Todd
482 Posts
I would love to have my bike on the autobahn. :diablo:
Was stationed in Ludwigsburg 89-90 and Kitzingen 92-95. I got to say Germany is a beautiful place.:cheers:

·
Registered
715 Posts
welcome Jan-Dirk

To the V-rod family were world wide and growing everyday. I looked on my map your about 6 hours away from me your a north sea guy:cool: I always wanted to do some deep sea fishing on the north sea. I'm going to make a tour up that way on a 3-4 day holiday if your not out to sea maybe we could ride and you show me the sites :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :biker: :biker:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Wilkommen Jan-Dirk! Wie Gehts? Meine mutter komme von Deutchland und meine familie da doch wohnt. But don't go responding in German, I am disgustingly rusty. :(

Mum lived in a little town called Gundelfingen (an der Donau) and came out to Australia with her parents after WWII when she was in her early teens. The rest of my family on her side still live there.

This is a great place, glad you found us!:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey there, my mum, was from disaldorf,?sp, but back to business, do you have a great rocommendation for a HD store there that I should send my product to? DH

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for my late response and thank you all for the warm welcome. I am back at work and don't have enough time to reply to each of your messages.
I do agree that Schnitzel and Beer is also one of my favourites and that it makes a hell lot of fun to ride on the german Autobahn (when the traffic is ok) but my local country roads are quite nice too and to be honest I can't resist the windforce at 210 km/hr for more than 30 minutes without any windshield.
p.s. the town is correctly spelled "DÜSSELDORF" and the french fries "POMMES FRITTES"

Jan

·
X G-Man
446 Posts
Welcome Jan-Dirk.

About 8 years ago my wife (fiance at the time) went to Germany and Austria. My first time to Europe. We enjoyed the visit very, very much. So many highlights I couldn't begin to describe. I do remember that Hamburg has one of the largest seaports in the world. Our visit to the Eagle's Nest was awesome. Our favorite "snacks" were bier, bratwurst and pommes frittes. :cheers: We want to go back again sometime and see all the changes in East Berlin (or just Berlin now). At the time it was known as the world's largest construction site, after the wall came down. I only hope they don't demolish some of the great architecture over there.

Welcome to the club and have fun,
John

·
X G-Man
446 Posts
Welcome Jan-Dirk.

About 7 years ago my wife (fiance at the time) went to Germany and Austria. My first time to Europe. We enjoyed the visit very, very much. So many highlights I couldn't begin to describe. I do remember that Hamburg has one of the largest seaports in the world. Our visit to the Eagle's Nest was awesome. Our favorite "snacks" were bier, bratwurst and pommes frittes. :cheers: We want to go back again sometime and see all the changes in East Berlin (or just Berlin now). At the time it was known as the world's largest construction site, after the wall came down. I only hope they don't demolish some of the great architecture over there.

Welcome to the club and have fun,
John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts