Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey one and all,

I have recently joined up and thought I'd introduce myself. I have done so on the US forum, and Shed pointed out that we have are very own little section.

So, feel free to refer to me as Achilles, but I'll also answer to fat bastard.

I have recently gotten hold of a 2003 VROD. As for the mods, I think it's got quite a few including;
Billet grips, footpegs and shifters
Indicator mirrors
Sports screen
Touring seat
Vance and Hines pipe, along with the download and air filter, and something about a dyno jet? or dyno something (not sure what that is).
Some extra chrome bits, which seems to mean more polishing and less riding from what I can gather thus far.
oh, and a harley davidson key ring:)

I have only ridden her about 500 or so clicks, and it is the first Harley I have owned, but I am really impressed. It could of had a Hyosung badge (no disrespect intended), and I still would of bought it. My other bike is a 99 Hayabusa, but that is now going to be off loaded, as I think the Harley is a bot more my pace and style.

Anyway, that's me. Oh and I live in Cairns, North Queensland.

Looking forward to meeting you, either on line or in person

Later
A

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Welcome aboard mate.

Sounds like a nice bike. The Dyno Jet means they had it tuned on a dyno I imagine.

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Welcome mate.

Seems like you're well ahead on the mods already.

Is that the bike that M&W have had on display for the last few weeks ?
Got them to start it up so I could listen to the pipes I was up in Cairns
a few weeks ago and it sounds sweet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

nightroddrew said:
Welcome mate.

Seems like you're well ahead on the mods already.

Is that the bike that M&W have had on display for the last few weeks ?
Got them to start it up so I could listen to the pipes I was up in Cairns
a few weeks ago and it sounds sweet.
Hey thanks for the welcome, one and all. This bike was originally sold by M&W, but I got it up here in Cairns, a friend of mine was selling it. They do sound good don't they, especially around 6,000rpm - short shifting from 1st to second :) (but I guess that isn't so advisable right)?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Dyno Jet makes the PC111 and carby kits.

Welcome.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Welcome mate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shed said:
Dyno Jet makes the PC111 and carby kits.

Welcome.

aha, of course! What's that? Is it a chip, and do they make carby kits to allow more fuel to get into the system - cause I'm thinking I'm flat out getting 150km out of a tank - just reset the trip meter for this tank of juice, so I'll see.

A

·
Grog
144 Posts
G'day FB,

Welcome aboard to one of the few clubs in the world where we all drool in a way that few understand and fewer "know'. he he he

Cairns on a V Rod...pure pleasure............

Grog
BrisVegas

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome Mate,
I almost thought it was my mate's ex bike with you coming from Cairns. BTW - if anyone wants a Power commander III for their bike I had one installed until I put my supoercharger on - so drop me a line with an offer.

Riding the VROD though tropical Queensland... can't think of anything better at the moment, except for coming back to a few bundies after it.

Have a good one

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome mate.... Another one from the ranks of the Sports bikes converting...

You will find all the right info here...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
ozzievrod said:
aha, of course! What's that? Is it a chip, and do they make carby kits to allow more fuel to get into the system - cause I'm thinking I'm flat out getting 150km out of a tank - just reset the trip meter for this tank of juice, so I'll see.

A
Carby kit won't do anything .... your bike is injected. 150 to 400 a tank depends on the revs over 80 ks you wont get far. But it is a power cruiser.

PC111usb is not a chip it is a plug in, your will be under the pax seat or the in the air box depending on your year model.

Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome note

The more i ride this thing, the more I like it. I said to the bride tonight, don;t suppose you need anything from the shops what would fit neatly into my back pack..:)

Just not sure where to put the :stooge: while I am out exploring the great blue yonder. Hmmm, my mother in law likes baby sitting.

Anyway, I think I am going to get a set of bags for it, and have been looking. I'll put a post in the proper spot - but if anyone has a recommendation, I'd love to hear it.

Later
A

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hiya A!
I'm a newbie myself with less than 500k's on my new V.
That is nice riding country up there in Cairns, enjoy it on your V.

Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, Maybe I Just Have A Sticker

Shed said:
PC looks like this
Thanks for posting those pics!!

Just took the tank and seat off, and it has the K&N air filter (and the sticker), but just a Harley Davidson black box under the passengers seat (don't know what that is), and nothing in the air box. Does that mean I can make it go faster with a dyno jet thingy? :angeldev:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice bike

NRS07 said:
Hiya A!
I'm a newbie myself with less than 500k's on my new V.
That is nice riding country up there in Cairns, enjoy it on your V.

Cheers.
That looks great, congratulations!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts