Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here with my new to me 2006 Night Rod.
So far I've modified the stock mufflers, added a K&N, and installed a power commander 3. First Harley, first Cruiser.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice Bike. Congrats.
I got my 06 D 2 years ago - stock- 10k miles - $5,000.
Love it. Your Forward Controls must be custom Mine is Mid. I like them

I'm curious if you could share more info on:

Muffler Mod - Process and How much "Louder" is it.

Power commander Install: - Time to do - Difficulty - how much $ spent and noticeable power improvement.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a link to YouTube videos I made. You can also search V-Mod as there's been a few discussions.
How to:
https://youtu.be/gUh1T3SuTRk
Sound clip:
https://youtu.be/ciByvzGVUsY
Power Commander 3 sits inside my air box, I cut off the snorkel and drilled a bunch of holes in the front 1/3. The ECU is located in front of the battery, it is a pretty tight fit getting the cables to all fit. Probably about two hours to mod the stock pipes if you take your time and 30 min to get the the Power Commander plugged in. Running the Main Street Motorcycles map on my PCIII, 809-20 from the Power Commander website.
It's pretty loud, no joke. Someone on here did a reading and it came in at about 119 db at 5,000 RPMs.
I love it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks Enrique. ya mind sayin what ya paid for it?

You notice much more grunt to the Horsepower?
I'll tell you I like my mid pegs.
I think you can push it around more and play Moto-GP on it easier with the Mid's.
:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my PC3 for $150 on one of the Facebook VRod owners groups.
I installed it before doing the exhaust mod or K&N filter using the stock bike map from the power commander website and noticed an immediate improvement in power and throttle response. No idea what the numbers were but it felt great.
It got even better after the mods with the updated map. Love the setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as the pegs go, I had a hard time getting used to forward mounts since I came from over a decade of sport bikes. But I've gotten used to them and like them pretty well now. It's more of a laid back power cruiser feel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts