Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being brand new to PCIII and Dynojet runs I do not know how to interpret the output of a partial run on a dyno. Attached is a run with V-mod pipes, top-ON, K&N and PCIII. It is also running the vmod-kn-top-mjw.map file converted to .djm.

From what I can see the bike is running lean at 60-70 mph and rich above 100. Am I correct? and if yes can the lean condition cause problems? This is cruising range and where I will be riding a goodly percentage of the time.

I am totally in the dark as to what is considered a acceptable deviation from the norm and what could be hazardous.

Should I enrich it a bit at the low end? What about the top end. Should I lean it out a bit or are the figures within acceptable ranges? I am looking more for fuel conservation rather than performance.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 86166

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
How does the bike run???, the AFR looks fine to me, seems to be getting the right amount of fuel where you need it.

It would be nice to see a torque curve!

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
That little lean area between 60-70 is in the EPA testing window, it will not hurt you. It will help your cruising fuel economy anyways. As long as you motorcycle doesn't exhibit extremely lean symtoms like minor engine speed surging while steady state cruising, ie constant throttle positon and speed, your fine. And its just a little bit fat up top at WOT but not enough to worry about, or spend the money to tune out. IMO, leave it alone and enjoy unless it exhibits poor driveability under part throttle conditions, which I doubt seriously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts