Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Looking at multiple Internal Throttles, wanted to know if anyone has done this to their bikes. And if so what ones they used, and what they like/dislike about them.

I want to install one, and somewhat clean up the bar area by not having those two throttle/return throttle cables coming from the bottom on the right side exposed to see.

I have the stock 1" bars on a 2008 VRSCDX.

Here is a link of some I have been looking at.

http://www.viciouscycleworks.us/khxc/ccp0-catshow/twist.html

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I know Buckeye826 has done this mod on his B model :notworth:

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Electronic throttle control or fly by wire.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I'm using the Streamline internal throttle(the one at the bottom of the page in your link) on a set of modified Rizoma clip-ons. I had to modify it to remove the screwless expansion sleeve and pin it in the bar so that it didn't interfere with my hand controls which are internally wired. If your switches are too close to the throttle end and you have internal wiring you may have to modify it or any other internal throttle.

I also had to center it in the modified left hand grip that I used by building up on one side with some aluminum tape but that was likely due to me pinning it in the bar off center.

All the internal throttles are single cable with no adjuster. You need to install an adjuster somewhere that is accessible close to the throttle body. The streamline that I used came with a cable and adjuster but I had to modify the cable to position the adjuster where I wanted it.

The operation of the streamline is smooth and it has an internal spring to assist with the return. The only issue I had was one of the small bearings fractured which resulted in a choppy throttle action but the manufacturer sent me a couple replacements within a couple of days and I haven't had any issues since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts