Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
06 VRSCR
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to everyone! I've done an extensive search and have found no other threads that describes my problem. Any help would be great!
I have noticed recently that when coming to a stop I get an intermittent groan/whine coming from what seems to be the left side of my bike. I will admit it is hard to tell exactly where it is coming from though. In all cases the clutch lever is pulled in (clutch disengaged) and either the rear and/or front brake engaged. It feels and sounds like a dry bearing.
At first I thought it was the brakes since it is intermittent as the wheels turn. But I feel a vibration at my left foot which makes me think it's in the alternator cover. It could be possible that the vibration is just coming through to that side from the rotors. What could be making an intermittent groan in the clutch?
I am running stock wheels and rotors at this point, but that is changing soon!
Thanks for any help!

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I hadn't heard anything like that. Can you put it on a jack and rotate the wheel by hand and hear anything?

·
06 VRSCR
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did that and I get nothing. It seems to arise once the bike is warmed up. Also, it does not do it every time I come to a stop. It is somewhat random. My other thought is that it is in the belt or the pulley

·
Registered
494 Posts
MtnV-Rod said:
I just did that and I get nothing. It seems to arise once the bike is warmed up. Also, it does not do it every time I come to a stop. It is somewhat random. My other thought is that it is in the belt or the pulley
Is it possible that the clutch is not disengaging completely? You might put the bike in gear with the engine stopped (after warm up & once you have heard the groan while stopping), pull the clutch and push it forward. If you feel resistance, the clutch has not fully disengaged. If this is the case, bleeding the clutch system will likely resolve the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts