Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Does that look like the Can Am Spyder? Extremely close I would say.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
This one shows an air cooled engine. I saw a drawing of one with a revo in it. Either way thats one cool trike! Wonder how it would do on the Dragon?

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
That would be the trike for my wife if it ever hit productions with the Revo in it.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
This has been around for a while. You can search here and find it a couple of times. The MoCo apparently has a relationship of some sort with a company having history in the three wheel manufacturing end. This is separate from the trike issue. Something will come of it. FWIW A dealer told me to expect it soon.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I'd take a T-Rex, but it's a car. I saw a couple of them at the Dragon last May.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
They were reported to have signed a agreement in 06 with Lehman trikes US whooly owned by Lehman trikes Canada.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
EZE RIDER said:
Don't be deceived by the looks. The Piaggio MP3 is truly nothing like the Can Am. The MP3 is a scooter with two wheels up front. It rides like a scooter, but has a phenomenal 45 degree lean angle due to the trapezoid like connection between those front wheels. The rider position is fully upright as it would be on a touring bike.

The Can Am rider position is way more leaned forward and it is designed to ride more like a performance machine than anything else.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Those things look sweet....

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
My wife rides a scooter and the Piaggio MP3 got her attention. It's definitely not in the trike class as it switches characteristics from tadpole trike to bike depending on speed. It's a slick little bugger.

I looked at the Can Am and it seems way underpowered for a 3-wheeled vehicle. Even the revolution might be a bit light for that configuration unless they bump it out again to say... 1500cc with a turbo. :D

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
EZE RIDER said:
I wont now with my very own tour guide. This means you Lil. I'm impressed!
Oh, no need to be impressed. :laugh:

I've ridden a friends MP3. It is downright hysterical. I laughed the entire time under my helmet. I understand why people like them so much. There is a Scooter Gang that rides in local parades. Many ride all sorts of motorcycles. They do the scooter thing for community & laughs. Actually some of them with their 70 - 100+ mpg are laughing at the rest of us.

The CanAm, well, I looked into it. It intrigued the heck out of me until I realized how leaned forward the riding position is....not for me.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Saw it in Daytona last spring..... with a revo!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Wife's Helix is a blast to ride. I also have my 110cc Kikker Hardknock which is a kick too. 80+mpg feels pretty good though. It's fun to have plenty of flavors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts