Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Harley museum recently in Milwaukee. While strolling around, I took an elevator to the third floor. I must have pused the rear door button and when I got off, I was drooling. I was at the area that does the restos on the finds that come in. When I peaked around the corner, I saw what appears to be a reverse trike powered by the Revolution engine. It was set up for a photo shoot! I took the pix to a harley dealer in NJ and they claimed to know nothing about it. I thought I would ask the experts here at 1130cc.com. Im also posting a bunch of VRod pictures that I took at the museum. It was cool to see clay mock-ups, drawings on napkins, etc. I hope you guys like them.

Attachments

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!

You got the ultimate pic.

Can you say Turbo....

I want the chassis

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
They bring that out and I will have one turboed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They bring that out and I will have one turboed.
I believe that that chassis would be stout enough for TWIN TURBOS!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!

You got the ultimate pic.

Can you say Turbo....

I want the chassis
I didnt see the RESTRICTED AREA sign until looked at teh pics at home :hidesbeh:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
I saw that, the reason for the I take the chassis...

·
Asatruar
2,935 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I saw that too. Bombardier claimed to be the pioneer on that design, but H-D beat them to it by a decade or so.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
It looks like that Revo motor has an Evo primary belt housing coupled up to it.
Ya, saw that right away. That's an Evo or Twin Cam whatever they call it now. The only thing "restricted" is the HP. LOL! I think the restriction was for the photo shoot area, not the entire floor. The trike is 6 years old.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I saw that too. Bombardier claimed to be the pioneer on that design, but H-D beat them to it by a decade or so.
Could be true but which company had the ballz to put it in production and market it first? I believe H-D has some truly creative people but the marketing side won't let any of it get to production for fear the traditional air heads will get their panties in a bunch.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,374 Posts
Twin front wheel, single rear wheeled motorcycle engine powered vehicles have been around almost from the beginning of cycling. At least since the 20's.
Morgan has built them since at least then and is still building one with the S&S X-Wedge engine. Some of the early ones powered by JAP V-Twin engines, same as used in Brough Superior's of the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya, saw that right away. That's an Evo or Twin Cam whatever they call it now. The only thing "restricted" is the HP. LOL! I think the restriction was for the photo shoot area, not the entire floor. The trike is 6 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJd-5K5MtE
I wonder why they never photographed the left side of this bike? All of these pics are either of the front or right side. Im glad to have introduced the left side to the world! lol.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
COOL...even with a turbo, I think I would still get the can am.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
:soapbox:
Could be true but which company had the ballz to put it in production and market it first? I believe H-D has some truly creative people but the marketing side won't let any of it get to production for fear the traditional air heads will get their panties in a bunch.

:them:

Examples are the Nova and 1100 OHC, and this trike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts