Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
No way that I would tape a fender extender onto my front fender. If that thing comes loose, it could lock up the front wheel and/or rip off the existing fender.

A locked up front wheel would be bad.

Other than that, its a great idea.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think I would pass just because of what they call the stupid thing

but it does say it comes with screws instead of the adhesive mount. I am not sure how useful it would be, looks like a gimmicky product to me.

·
VRSCF User
127 Posts
...The purpose of this thing is good .... but I would rather have a one piece modified fender ...or simply an aftermarket fender that would do the same job ....

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
I have seen lots of them used on dual-sport bikes. There is a great debate between the tape only, and the mounted with screws and tape, or you will surely die in a fiery wreck crowd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just put one on 3 weeks ago,big difference stops small stones and other crap thrown up from tyre.Left the tape on smeared with silicone sealer and used small bolts with acorn nuts.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
Did it come with the adhesive tape? Looks like it does in the pictures, but seems to say otherwise in the description.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed the name SUUUCKS haha...but I'd rock one in carbon fiber but like precious mentioned, i'd bond it to the fender for sure!!

I thought this thing would create some discussion ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hmm some self adhesive tapes are very very strong - I work in the motor trade and we stick the number plates on with double sided tape. Its so strong that you have to be careful when you take it off that it doesn't buckle the bumper !!

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Hmm some self adhesive tapes are very very strong - I work in the motor trade and we stick the number plates on with double sided tape. Its so strong that you have to be careful when you take it off that it doesn't buckle the bumper !!
Some tape is really strong. Still wouldn't feel safe. Plus no offense I think it looks gay and sometimes you just need to suck it up if it looks good. :moped:

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Pics?

Anyone have any pics of this mod? Also, info on where to purchase? The e-bay link is no good, over 90days, if some one bought there, can you give me the name of vendor,thks.

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Pyramid Fenda Extenda

Made by Pyramid Plastics in the UK, anyone Bought and mounted and have pics or you guys in UK know anything about them?

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Still looking for HELP on this!

Sorry don't care or the carbon fiber look, the one on e-bay wasn't wish I never deleted it off my watch list, any you UK guys help me locate one?
Thanks!

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Pyramid in UK

Looked on their website and they list one for certain Sportster models, Does anyone know what other Harley front fenders are similar to the VRSCD?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts