Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, does anyone have a stock exhaust for 2007 Nightrod VRSCD? Or a nicely kept aftermarket system?

If so I will buy it from you. Please text or call me. Frank- 305-397-4371

Thanks

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
How much of the system do you need? I have mufflers and perhaps the center volume, will have to look and verify. I also have the muffler support strut. I don't have the head pipes or heat shrouds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much of the system do you need? I have mufflers and perhaps the center volume, will have to look and verify. I also have the muffler support strut. I don't have the head pipes or heat shrouds.
I'm not exactly sure as I am not the handiest of guys. It has a beat up Danmoto 2 into 1 on it right now. I'm not sure if I can combine any part of that system with other system's. Do you know?

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
You will need stock head pipes at least. I'll take some pics tonight of what I have to post and you can judge how much additional you need. So many here have removed stock systems and probably have them laying around that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone with a complete system available for cheap.
A Nightrod, Nightrod Special and Streetrod system should all fit so you have options depending on look and finish. The Nightrod and Streetrod systems were chrome, the Nightrod Special systems were flat black and satin chrome.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have everything except mufflers for an R model. Keep in mind there are no O2 sensor bungs in the head pipes...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will need stock head pipes at least. I'll take some pics tonight of what I have to post and you can judge how much additional you need. So many here have removed stock systems and probably have them laying around that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone with a complete system available for cheap.
A Nightrod, Nightrod Special and Streetrod system should all fit so you have options depending on look and finish. The Nightrod and Streetrod systems were chrome, the Nightrod Special systems were flat black and satin chrome.
I am set on the CFR chrome 2 into 1 pipe. They told me that I need the 2 front header pipes and chrome heat shields (2002-2006). He said they performed a different weld in 2007, so I'm better off finding 2002-2006 in chrome. Let me know if you have something suitable. Thanks

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
The R model, aka Streetrod, were chrome with chrome heat shields, they were the same as the original Nightrod which you have. As for head pipes, later models welded one of the head pipes to the center volume so it wasn't separate piece.
A lot of the aftermarket slip-on mufflers utilize stock head pipes. You should be able to find stock head pipes as I said earlier.
The black and satin mufflers I have should work with the R headpipes. I don't believe your model requires the O2 bung connections but you could look to see if there are oxygen sensors in your pipes.
Between Ceigenberger and myself there should be enough to put together a system if you don't mind the combination, but I post some pics of what I have, either here or via instant messenger here. If he will do the same you should be able to tell if it's something you want to do.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here’s what I have- I was unable to locate the little screws that hold the heat shields on, but everything else is there short of mufflers. And it’s from an 06 Streetrod
3F2B5262-B1A9-4555-97B5-AFDE0FED9E81.jpeg
2BAA9C60-1ACB-4F5E-A07E-A79974B0FF76.jpeg
3F2B5262-B1A9-4555-97B5-AFDE0FED9E81.jpeg
2BAA9C60-1ACB-4F5E-A07E-A79974B0FF76.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The R model, aka Streetrod, were chrome with chrome heat shields, they were the same as the original Nightrod which you have. As for head pipes, later models welded one of the head pipes to the center volume so it wasn't separate piece.
A lot of the aftermarket slip-on mufflers utilize stock head pipes. You should be able to find stock head pipes as I said earlier.
The black and satin mufflers I have should work with the R headpipes. I don't believe your model requires the O2 bung connections but you could look to see if there are oxygen sensors in your pipes.
Between Ceigenberger and myself there should be enough to put together a system if you don't mind the combination, but I post some pics of what I have, either here or via instant messenger here. If he will do the same you should be able to tell if it's something you want to do.
RC4Man, I really appreciate the input and interest in this thread. Unfortunately, I don't need the mufflers and really want the chrome parts to then buy the CFR slip on which I think is so nice. Thank you once again !

·
Registered
603 Posts
The headpipe was not welded to third volume until 2009 model year. 2008 was the last year of 2 seperate headpipes and 2008 was the only year that had seperate head pipes and 02 sensor bungs.

Reactions: rc4man

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
The headpipe was not welded to third volume until 2009 model year. 2008 was the last year of 2 seperate headpipes and 2008 was the only year that had seperate head pipes and 02 sensor bungs.
I noticed that. No doubt a way to either ease assembly on the line or save a buck. Over the years a few other changes money saving changes too. They eliminated the tapped hole for the TDC pin and the vac ports for TB syncing. Both technically somewhat unneeded but I did drill and tap my heads on my 13 a long time ago and have sync'd them once.
Ron

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
Memory is a funny thing. What I once purchased was a full take off system for a 2008 Nightrod Special. It does have O2 bung holes in the head pipes, which are individual as mentioned above.
I sold the center volume a few years back. Pictured is what I have, head pipes and heat shields, mufflers, support strut, and not pictured is the passenger foot peg bracket/muffler hanger which I also have.
Sounds like you're not interested in the mufflers, strut or hanger, just head pipes. All head pipes were chrome but would turn blue with heat, HD used decorative heat shields for color, either chrome or flat black. Looks like you have a choice. Best of luck with your project which ever you decide.
IMG_20210105_210026451.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone, does anyone have a stock exhaust for 2007 Nightrod VRSCD? Or a nicely kept aftermarket system?

Thanks
I have a complete 2006 VRSCD night rod stock exhaust with shields and extension frame. Like new $300 Text me (206) 406-2810

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks
Hi. I have 2007 VSRCD that I put after market exhaust on. Believe I have the stco exhaust around some place if you are still looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts