Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So USAA dropped coverage of motorcycles and wont cover the new on bc i am not grandfathered in after not renewing my motorcylce policy with them. So who has some good rates for riders?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I just went with state farm and because I have my two cars and home insurance through them I get a sweet discount!!

you should also check into rates for your vehicle(s) at whatever company you decide to go with and I'm sure you could get some sort of discount.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Foremost gave me better coverage for almost $900 a year less than nationwide (where I have home and autos). It was a no brainer for me to go with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, i plan on keeping the home owners and auto with USAA but will go with who ever provides the best coverage at the best rates. I filled out the app for foremost and am waiting on my quote. but i have three months to find some since i dont get home to pick the bike up till OCT.

·
Registered
266 Posts
we should make a post with just links to insurance web pages for checking out prices .. i have all my stuff thru usaa also and had no clue about the motorcycles insurance being cancelled

·
Scott
492 Posts
Quoting Prices

Remember guys...when listing prices per year the insurance company takes into account the length of the riding season of each region. Someone might pay $900 per year living in Melbourne, Florida where you can ride 11-12 months a year vs. $400 per year (Progressive) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where the season is 5-7 months per year.

So be careful when giving out prices you pay without letting us know where you are or even if you got a discount because of added Home/Renters, and additional vechile/boat discounts - even Life and Health Discounts.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
VrodG said:
I second that. With a home, two trucks, and a Porsche, insured thru State Farm, they could'nt even touch Foremost. I see my agent at most major bike shows, so he's working hard getting customers. More customers= cheaper rates, plus he rides. Ask a Geico agent sitting behind a desk if she rides a bike, let alone a Harley.:moped:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Progressive gave me a great rate than the following year it doubled for no reason, Geico is very expensive here in Southern California, I would guess that other places its not because so many people use it. Foremost gave me the best deal I could find by being a couple hundred less a year than everyone else.

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
SLURPEE said:
we should make a post with just links to insurance web pages for checking out prices .. i have all my stuff thru usaa also and had no clue about the motorcycles insurance being cancelled
Same here...going to call them tomorrow and find out the details myself. I'm not liking it already.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know it sounds weird but thats what they told me two years ago when i sold my street bike, and i dont have insurance on the stunt bike bc it doesnt go on the streets and our venues have coverage for the fans.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
I live in New Mexico, riding time is about 11-12 months a year, I have Farmers Insurance, I pay $21 / month for full coverage... (they base it on the engine size)

·
I am become death
450 Posts
usaa sent me to progressive, i have nothing but good experiences w/ them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts