Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the wife a Maxima, and now I'm getting a V-Rod. The Maxima is financed, and I'll pay cash for the V-Rod. That means I'll have to maintain full coverage on the Maxima, and the minimal liability on the V-Rod.

Would it be cheaper to have minimal liability on the Maxima and full coverage on the V-Rod, in your opinion?

What is cheaper to insure - cars or bikes?

I would think that liability on a bike would be cheaper since they're less likely to cause as much damage as a car. But what about collision?

Of course, I'll check with my insurance agent on Monday to find out for sure.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
If you can pay cash for a v-rod,then you have the money for full coverage on both.Bike insurance is cheaper at least in my case.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Bike insurance and car insurance prices can depend on your age group, driving record etc. etc.. You would be crazy not to have collision insurance on the v-rod. Ask those here that have wrecked there bikes. There are a few. I wouldn`t want to be in a position to have to shell out $$ to replace v-rod parts as they are quite expensive. Same goes for a new car. Not enough insurance is almost as bad as not having any. Just my .02:2cents

P.S.

Im 34, married and I pay $580.00 a year with progressive for the V-ROD (Full Coverage) and $2200 a year for 2 cars with full coverage.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Only $380 per year here for full coverage on the V-Rod....much cheaper than car insurance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
lyonsd said:
In that case, I'll pay off the Maxima and finance the V-Rod
I would keep full coverage on a new car before a bike.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Keep full coverage on both. If you looked at the policy you'll see that collision and comprehensive only account for about about 30% of the total cost. Trying to save $200 - $300 / year and rolling the dice that you won't be out $18,000 is a pretty big gamble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts