Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i recently bought myself a superbrace for my bike but im having some issues with the 10 min installation lol. Im unsure exactly where the brace is supposed to sit.

In the image below (sorry for the bad res) you can see that if the brace is put up top about 1/8 from the top of the seal some of the brace will end up hanging over the lip.

If the brace is put below the lip ie up against it it simply wont fit due to the fender (have loosened the fender bolts but it doesnt help)

So i could probably put it right up the top like this

But then that looks nothing like the picture on the site

So im a bit lost as what to do with the bloody thing any suggestions ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a Superbrace hanging on the garage wall because of the same problems and on top of that: What do think will happen to the paint on the lower legs when you tighten it, it has edges that is razorsharp.
Lets face it we've been had, it is a piece of no good aluminum.
My DX has no wobbling tendencies whatsoever not even when I ride on the white lines to provoke it.
We dont need that "high tech" piece of ................

Does anybody want to buy a brand new Superbrace in denim ?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Janne90 said:
I have a Superbrace hanging on the garage wall because of the same problems and on top of that: What do think will happen to the paint on the lower legs when you tighten it, it has edges that is razorsharp.
My DX has no wobbling tendencies whatsoever not even when I ride on the white lines to provoke it.

That pic is my bike with the SuperBrace on it. I have 4,000 miles on it and makes a big difference in the way the bike handles. A bit tricky to put it on but worth every cent. Any kind of brace will make marks on the bike. And a brace for any Harley model is a plus.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Manolo when I read your positive comments months ago did I immediately ordered a Superbrace

What's the trick, it doesn't fit the way it is supposed to.
Shouldn't it clamp the lower legs only ?
Tech tips are welcome !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the trick, it doesn't fit the way it is supposed to.
Shouldn't it clamp the lower legs only ?
Tech tips are welcome !
Agreed id really like to know how to install the brace without ripping of my front fender.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Reply from SuperBrace

Avante,

The SuperBrace will partially clamp around the fork seal cap. When installing the SuperBrace, get the brace closest as possible to the fender (without touching). We suggest using a couple sheets of paper between the brace and fender when installing.

SuperBrace

·
Registered
60 Posts
I too have the SB on my DX and love it. It does clamp on part of the fork seal cap but the torque specs being what they are it does not damage them at all. I love mine! Sorry some of you guys are not too happy as of yet but the guys at SB were great to talk to and very helpful.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I love my superbrace. It only comes into play when I am rounding a turn and encounter a bumpy patch. It stays on course unlike when I didnt have it. I just laid down a paper towel on my fender and loosened the axle pinch bolts. Put the superbrace on and tightened the pinch bolts and removed the paper towel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Confession

Janne90 said:

After reading the comments did I get second thoughts. I went out in the garage picked down the SB from the wall and made a second inspection. The decision was made I carefully sanded all the rough edges left from the machining put the bike on the lift and installed it per the previous instructions in this thread.

It was a rather good but not perfect fit. It was impossible to line up the to halfes perfectly but I'm very picky (my friends say). You can feel the misalignment with the fingertips.

Anyway I lowered the bike rolled it off the lift and took it for a spin.

It is in a subtle way more steady in the tight curbs now hard to explain how. It is also rock steady i 130 mph but thats no difference from before.

I was an improvement with the SB installed. :thumb:

A word of final advice: I ordered the denim finish, it is a bit rough not the satin finish that the rest of the bike has. So if I could I would have chosen gloss instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thankyou everyone for the replies ill have another go at installing the brace , just seemed odd that it would sit half on / half of the fork seal cap but if thats where its ment to go thats where ill put it :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts