Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used pair of SE 16 guage pipes and I'm having trouble installing them. I removed the stock pipes, but it looks like the dbl barrel pipes must use a different mounting bracket at the rear.

Has anyone installed these themselves? Do I need to buy a bracket of some kind, or am I just missing how they are supposed to be secured at the back of the bike?

Any help would be appreciated! I was hoping the ride this weekend :helpme:

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
The pipes should of come with a bracket. It is different than the stock one. Good luck getting one. Try your dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll try to forum member I bought them from and see if he still has the bracket lying around. At least I know I'm not crazy. At least no more than normal :eek:

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
The 16 ga pipes have a bracket that attaches to the black lower rail. While your asking about the bracket, be sure he gives you the special nuts that attach the pipes to the black bracket. They are two nuts combined in sort of a dog bone shape. You can use a standard bolt and nut, but the double set up will be a lot less frustrating because of finger clearance.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
adamsg said:
The 16 ga pipes have a bracket that attaches to the black lower rail. While your asking about the bracket, be sure he gives you the special nuts that attach the pipes to the black bracket. They are two nuts combined in sort of a dog bone shape. You can use a standard bolt and nut, but the double set up will be a lot less frustrating because of finger clearance.
Also be aware that the mounting bar on the stock exhaust bracket moves one way or the other. It probably will have to be moved for your set-up. Use a plastic mallet to tap it in the direction you want to move it. I was ready to drill new holes before I realized this. Glad I used my head before drilling.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I bought the pipes from V RAD from the forums and he had the bracket. It just didn't make it into the package he shipped to me initially. Luckily he was coming on vacation within a couple miles from my home and he took the time out to bring me the bracket. (Thanks Mark!!).

I got the pipes on last night and have been driving it today. I did the Harley 28 Tooth kit at the same time so it's hard to tell what difference each of the changes made individually, but the bike is running great. I love being able to cruise at parking lot speeds without having to feather the clutch constantly!

Anyway thanks again V RAD, I appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts