Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my bike just over a week ago from a person who had the baffles removed from the stock exhaust. It sounded great but ran like a pig with lots of jerkiness and lag at low rpm. There was a ton of decelleration pop as well.

So I ordered my PCIII from Fuel Moto and a K&N filter. They preloaded a map to my specs (no baffles, K&N, and topless). The whole installation process took about 20 minutes. VERY simple.

I took the bike out for a ride and she's smooth as silk now! No more jerkiness or hesitation at all now. There is also no more decelleration pop! I'm surprised at how well the map worked on my bike. I was expecting it to do the job 80% but I have to say that I couldn't be happier with the results and the ride now.

If anybody else is riding out there with their baffles removed, get a PCIII. It'll make the bike feel THAT much nicer! :ride:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Cool, Have you checked the zero throttle position while it was hooked to the bike?

·
Registered
27 Posts
congrats, nice job...

how much should my dealear charge me or hours expend to install my cfr fueler and k&n filter? im afraid hes gonna charge me more than it should be...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spaz said:
Cool, Have you checked the zero throttle position while it was hooked to the bike?
Uh....what's that?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
chenner,great to hear you got her all set and running awesome!...

anychance you want to get out and meet sometime for some riding?...I would be willing to meet half way for sure..Hamilton i know some people and would be a nice ride....

Dan

·
Registered
21 Posts
do you happen to have that map handy

Hey chenner,
I have a similar set up (drilled exhaust) but I was looking to remove the baffles altogether. Can you hook me up? Do you have your air intake housing off (or part -top off)? Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOS-DAN said:
chenner,great to hear you got her all set and running awesome!...

anychance you want to get out and meet sometime for some riding?...I would be willing to meet half way for sure..Hamilton i know some people and would be a nice ride....

Dan
Sure, I'd be up for a ride. I can meet you in Hammer Town one day. Not sure how many more pleasent days we have left but let me know when you're thinking.....it'd have to be on a weekend.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts