Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Lyndall Pads On Rear Brembos and my brake noise is gone. Only problem is, I lost half of my braking power. Anyone have this problem? Would love to have the extra brake back, but not with the expense of the noise.

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cornernfool said:
Try a set of Ferodo Sintered, you will get your brake back. I've never been impressed with Lyndals.
Do they make noise?

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 06 had so much brake noise I couldn't hardly stand it. I put on the Lyndall pads on the rear and the noise went away completely. I also noticed that they do not grab as hard as the stock pads but the quit operation is worth pushing on the brake harder. As the pads wear in they seam to work better, or maybe I am just used to it now. I rely on the front brakes mostly anyway. I am happy with the brake pads, just let them wear in some.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
When I installed the Lyndalls I was disappointed at first also. But, I found that they began to work better after some miles; my guess is that since I installed them on used rotors, they needed to 'wear in' to match the rotor. Or maybe they just need to wear in. In any case, my brakes now are much better than they were with the OEM pads. And, they're not tearing up the rotors. Give 'em a chance. :)

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Ive got about 600 miles on them now, and they seem to be slightly better. So glad that the noise is gone. Nothing worse than noisy brakes.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
ghostrider said:
If you are putting Lyndall pads on used rotors, your going to experience a little "fade" until the pads can conform to the rotors, Once this is acomplished you'll find that they work extremely well!
http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_8

GR
GR Im about to order a set of 3 for my D, just want to verify that all 3 pads, front and rear are the same? So for a 2006 D with Brembos I should just order 3x of the 7254?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts