Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not less than a week or two ago I posted about putting a pipe and PCIII on my Night Rod over the winter. Then, my wife asks why I want to wait. Lest she change her mind, I quickly ordeded the parts and spent this evening installing.

From a personal view, I think the D&D Fat Cat exhaust really complements my Night Rod. (If it weren't dark with thunder and lightning outside, I would grab some pics and post). The stock exhaust is pretty big and, understandably, quiet. Well, once I cranked the starter, I was amazed at the sound. Quite honestly, I did not think it was going to be as loud as it was. I had to laugh when some neighbors across the street stopped their conversation and all began to look over when I started the bike.

On the road, the sound is much more 'Harley-like' (than stock). I like it ... but I might need to take it easy around law enforcement. With this exhaust (and Fat Cats for the model year 06 and on have the 'quiet baffle'), I could see possibly getting pulled over for loud pipes.

The wife is traveling for business now. Can't wait to see her expression when she hears it :)

I am using NightRod ElPaso's map (for now) until I can get it dyno-tuned. My only complaint is popping on decel (which the bike did bone stock). I have an HD high-flow filter on order, so my setup now is just D&D Fat Cats and PCIII USB. I know a lot of folks go topless and run a K&N (or comparable) - so I'll at least get the high flow filter.

I'll post pics tomorrow. Too bad a storm rolled in, I only got to test ride it for a few miles. For now, I am very happy with the new exhaust.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
91Vette said:
Well, not less than a week or two ago I posted about putting a pipe and PCIII on my Night Rod over the winter. Then, my wife asks why I want to wait. Lest she change her mind, I quickly ordeded the parts and spent this evening installing.

From a personal view, I think the D&D Fat Cat exhaust really complements my Night Rod. (If it weren't dark with thunder and lightning outside, I would grab some pics and post). The stock exhaust is pretty big and, understandably, quiet. Well, once I cranked the starter, I was amazed at the sound. Quite honestly, I did not think it was going to be as loud as it was. I had to laugh when some neighbors across the street stopped their conversation and all began to look over when I started the bike.

On the road, the sound is much more 'Harley-like' (than stock). I like it ... but I might need to take it easy around law enforcement. With this exhaust (and Fat Cats for the model year 06 and on have the 'quiet baffle'), I could see possibly getting pulled over for loud pipes.

The wife is traveling for business now. Can't wait to see her expression when she hears it :)

I am using NightRod ElPaso's map (for now) until I can get it dyno-tuned. My only complaint is popping on decel (which the bike did bone stock). I have an HD high-flow filter on order, so my setup now is just D&D Fat Cats and PCIII USB. I know a lot of folks go topless and run a K&N (or comparable) - so I'll at least get the high flow filter.

I'll post pics tomorrow. Too bad a storm rolled in, I only got to test ride it for a few miles. For now, I am very happy with the new exhaust.
I switched maps because of the decel popping. I'm out of town but should be back this weekend. I'll upload the most current one that I run - a little richer. I haven't had a single decel pop yet. Congrats on the new pipe.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, NightRod ElPaso!!! I'll check back this weekend for the map.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
91Vette said:
Thanks, NightRod ElPaso!!! I'll check back this weekend for the map.
You can try the map in your other thread in the meantime.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spaz said:
You can try the map in your other thread in the meantime.
Definitely will do! I aim to load it tonight when I get home from work.

·
Registered
257 Posts
They do look sweet they came out right after I ordered mine. I like the black dark look. Good luck with them. I wish my wife liked my bike as much as yours does. Mine hates my new pipes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
robb2269 said:
They do look sweet they came out right after I ordered mine. I like the black dark look. Good luck with them. I wish my wife liked my bike as much as yours does. Mine hates my new pipes.
That's too bad. I cranked the bike last night and I was pretty shocked when my wife said she liked the sound. Hmmnn ... maybe she is just trying to butter me up for something that she wants ... :D

·
Gambler
78 Posts
Hey gang,

Just finished installing my exhaust and uploaded a map I found in another thread for the same D&D 2:1 pipe, and have some mild popping on decel too.

Did you ever post the other map ..... and I missed it somewhere?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts