Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that I have read that our stock injectors will support a wide range of Hp levels and none that anyone can pin down with any certainty.Destroyer injectors seem to be a tad on the large size if my forum reading is correct and there are issues with spray patterns I think I read.

So then that leads me to ask this and I have searched here and alot of the other forums that have V-Rod areas.Has anyone ever had a set of injectors extrude honed or EDM'd to a bit larger for more flow/better atomization and/or correct spray patterns?.They are tools we use with our performance diesels and I have seen it done with high powered Mopar gassers but no word of it here.

Has anyone tried it and have dyno tuned their ride after doing it to show the gains,if any?.......Andy

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
It seems that I have read that our stock injectors will support a wide range of Hp levels and none that anyone can pin down with any certainty.Destroyer injectors seem to be a tad on the large size if my forum reading is correct and there are issues with spray patterns I think I read.

So then that leads me to ask this and I have searched here and alot of the other forums that have V-Rod areas.Has anyone ever had a set of injectors extrude honed or EDM'd to a bit larger for more flow/better atomization and/or correct spray patterns?.They are tools we use with our performance diesels and I have seen it done with high powered Mopar gassers but no word of it here.

Has anyone tried it and have dyno tuned their ride after doing it to show the gains,if any?.......Andy
Destroyer injectors are 6 hole and stock are 4 leaving more room for them to be modified. The flow rate on the modified stock injectors is 5.7 grams.

Contact VR28 here on the Forum he sells these modified stock injectors that are middle of the road between stock and Destroyer.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Look up "Elvis injectors" they are re-worked stock injectors to 5.7g if I remember correctly. I believe VR-28 still sells them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts