Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on lowering my vrod. Is there a rear suspension kit or bracket? I want to lower just an 1". I'm also looking for a new style of seat.
Is there someone that knows where to get after market parts for the vrod.
Any info is appreciated!
Thanks, Tori

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
there are quite a few options depending on how much you want to spend..
you can do something like progressive 440's which most on this forum runs... if you have an A model bike you can run the DX (night rod special) rear shock to lower your bike almost an inch. Harley makes a 1" lowering shock which is cheaper than the 440's. And there is a guy that modifies stock shocks and sends them back lowered (skullman)

the 440's are gonna be your best bet for an improved ride AND lowered stance. The HD shocks will work but they arent any better of a shock than the stockers.

and BTW welcome to the boards

·
Ist mir scheiss egal
496 Posts
Hey Tori!
Glad to see you made it to the forums. ;)

This is IHMO the best place for ANY information on the V-Rod.

·
OLD FART
1,639 Posts
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome: :biker: I put progressive 412 shocks 12 1/2 in. and dropped my front forks 1/2 in. and it lowered my bike about 1 in.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Welcome, depends how much you want to spend. If you lilke the looks of the stockers. Just have Skullman resize them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VenomousSVT said:
there are quite a few options depending on how much you want to spend..
you can do something like progressive 440's which most on this forum runs... if you have an A model bike you can run the DX (night rod special) rear shock to lower your bike almost an inch. Harley makes a 1" lowering shock which is cheaper than the 440's. And there is a guy that modifies stock shocks and sends them back lowered (skullman)

the 440's are gonna be your best bet for an improved ride AND lowered stance. The HD shocks will work but they arent any better of a shock than the stockers.

and BTW welcome to the boards
Hey Mike, thanks for the info. It's nice that I have a few options.
Tori

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Tori~lvtoride said:
Hey Mike, thanks for the info. It's nice that I have a few options.
Tori
you're welcome from mike, however that is..:spank:

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Hey Tori, How the hell are ya? Remember me?:D Welcome!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
:welcome: Tori!!!

Max did a great write-up on seat options a while back... what are you looking for? Lower? Forward? Back? Taller??? Ther are many options - you can go comfort, function. looks - or some combination of the three.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts