Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im playing around with some different option and a minor and very easy mod/look change.

I have got 4 options for the mounting bolts on the "F" vents.

I purchased stainless to replace the SHITE dull and tarnishing standard HD mounting bolts, i also got some Black Button head, and also some Black Cap Screws.

Stainless would look same as std but shinier, Black looks smooth and darker, and the Cap Screws i think look the best sticking out IMO.

Easy and cheap what do you all think.

I also put the Cap Screws in the top of the gauge cluster and they look better against the silver ( pic to come )

The pics only show the Black versions as the std you all will know the look and stainless is just shiny std.

Attachments

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Im playing around with some different option and a minor and very easy mod/look change.

I have got 4 options for the mounting bolts on the "F" vents.

I purchased stainless to replace the SHITE dull and tarnishing standard HD mounting bolts, i also got some Black Button head, and also some Black Cap Screws.

Stainless would look same as std but shinier, Black looks smooth and darker, and the Cap Screws i think look the best sticking out IMO.

Easy and cheap what do you all think.

I also put the Cap Screws in the top of the gauge cluster and they look better against the silver ( pic to come )

The pics only show the Black versions as the std you all will know the look and stainless is just shiny std.
We're thinking alike, been looking to mess with these since I first got the bike but something else always comes up.

I like the black but stainless with only a little work will polish up close to chrome which I'm partial too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok im guessing Polished stainless cap screws would look ok i guess lol

I prefer the dark look though :angeldev:

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Ok im guessing Polished stainless cap screws would look ok i guess lol

I prefer the dark look though :angeldev:
Also for a covered smooth look try Hot Toppers @ hottoppers.com

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Amazed at how picky we all are about crap like this, yet no one else seems to care or notice such changes. :)
It's a sickness.

·
ELMO
74 Posts
I took every bolt on the bike that was on a black surface and painted them black the frame, front fender, airbox, swingarm, and exhaust. I think it makes the bike look much better. I am so happy I did it to mine.

Sam

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought some cgloss black and painted the heads and went with the button heads.

It looks much better to me i also painted the cap screws so when i want a change ill just change them.

Here are a few more pics of them painted.

Attachments

·
ELMO
74 Posts
Very nice look just like mine I will post pics of mine tomorrow along with how the frame bolts look with them all black.

Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.