Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made the mistake today of wandering into my local Indian dealer and I fell in love with the Indian scout bobber. I have not ridden it yet but will this week.

Anyone have any input on going from the Vrod to an indian scout? From what I hear they are making 100HP. a 15 hp difference from my 2004 VRSCB. but with a little less weight. My vrod is basically falling apart at this point. The water pump leaks bike stutters lower than 1/4 fuel, gauge cluster doesn't work.

Have a guy that wants to give me $4000 for it and I was going to walk that over to the indian dealer and get a scout. I'm worried because I am a power junkie. What do you guys think? Will I miss the Vrod?

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is a lot to like about the scout. The Octane has a better engine setup though. The power is more where you need it but with both you only really notice the difference on the top end.

The scout is lighter and shorter with a lot less rake and handles better than a v-rod. Compared to my F it feels like a ¾ sized bike though. It’s fast but doesnt feel powerful like the V. What really steered me away though were the details. So much of the scout uses cheap bits and the details were just sort of stuck together. Its average build quality and nothing bad but not quite the attention to detail.

All that said if I didn’t buy the F I’d probably be riding a scout.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was looking at these two bikes when I was shopping. I had always wanted a DX from the first time I saw one but when I saw the Scout Bobber I couldn't help but be torn. Rode these two back to back and if I had not found the DX I ended up getting at the deal I got it for I can't say I wouldn't be on that Scout Bobber. I really like the looks. It was just my style but the DX always pulled me to the dark side. I was actually a little more comfortable on the Scout on the first ride on both of them but the feel, extra weight (felt more solid) and the intoxicating torque of the DX had me. I felt too stretched out on the DX but I knew I would be tearing it down and changing everything so I knew I could fix the fit of the bike to better suit me. I still really like the Scout Bobber and would love to add that bike to the mix but not at the expense of the DX. Trying to convince my wife to start riding and would love to get that for her so I can ride both. :D:D I really like the Sportster Forty Eight and was thinking of getting that for her but I think I like the Scout Bobber better between those two.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a Harley and a Indian dealer within a mile of my house and I did check the scout out. They told me it is as fast as a VROD and even though it may be fast, it seems very small framed to me. A lot of women ride the scout for that very reason. Not my personal cup of tea, but I have seen the new scout dirt tracker and I think you should check that out before you drop the hammer on the bobber. Its not out yet but should be a quick trip to full production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.