Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just recently had my shifter shaft break on me and just my luck this is now an obsolete part. I’ve called all around the state’s with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, can anyone help my find a shifter shaft(35432-01k) and seal? Thank

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Just recently had my shifter shaft break in me and just my luck this is now an obsolete part. I’ve called all around the state’s with luck. Any help would be appreciated, can anyone help my find a shifter shaft(35432-01k) and seal? Thank
Do you know a good lawyer, for HD obsoleting a 2017 production part? Bastards. Have you tried Fredy.ee or
Fitzgerald Motorsports ?
Ron

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
This is a list of dealers from HD's DealerNet system showing which dealers had stock of this on 13/11/20
Has to be said though that some of these have been tried without results.
Good luck.
Other place that has stock is Jan Willem Boon in the Netherlands, but they do not ship to the US so needs a European middleman and will involve double postage.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I’ve gone through some of those on that list without any luck, some say it’s in stock when it’s actually not, today is Monday and some shops are not open until tomorrow so there is still hope. Appreciate everyone’s help so far.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Good news. The shit hit the fan over at FB also over this part. There is already an aftermarket producer. Fredy Jäätes, posted on FB he has some new and used and now new batch in production.
Copied this info from his post.
With the current plan first load of shift shafts will be finished within 2 weeks
Takes 4-5 days to get it shipped to USA and up to 10 days to Australia and NZ.
Current deal is 130 Euro including worldwide shipping.

Ron

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I am not surprised that it is Fredy doing it. A lot of people make bad comments about him but he is innovative and not afraid to take the plunge when he sees a market. I can see him becoming a leading player in aftermarket obsolete parts for these bikes. Sensible pricing too. Well done Fredy. 👏👏

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I am not surprised that it is Fredy doing it. A lot of people make bad comments about him but he is innovative and not afraid to take the plunge when he sees a market. I can see him becoming a leading player in aftermarket obsolete parts for these bikes. Sensible pricing too. Well done Fredy. 👏👏
This is supposedly half of his collection, so the incentive to build replacements is no doubt there, not to mention all the custom builds he does. From what I've seen, yes he is an innovator. 😁
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey just an update, after a few days of calling around I got super lucky and found a shaft and the seal at an HD dealership in NY(McDermott’s). It was the last one he had. Appreciate everyone’s help. 👍

·
Registered
549 Posts
There is a new shaft on ebay for $200 3x the price. Someone needs to reproduce this shaft, seeing how it's the weakest link involving the transmission. And bike is worthless without it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
There is a new shaft on ebay for $200 3x the price. Someone needs to reproduce this shaft, seeing how it's the weakest link involving the transmission. And bike is worthless without it.
That is Fredee's new production shaft in the works. Take a close look at the picture for his name. Will be shipping in Dec. 200 with seal and free shipping.
Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is Fredee's new production shaft in the works. Take a close look at the picture for his name. Will be shipping in Dec. 200 with seal and free shipping.
Ron
$200?! good lord i paid 68$ with free shipping for the seal and shaft at ronnies! screw that ill make one at work they arent complicated at all.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
$200?! good lord i paid 68$ with free shipping for the seal and shaft at ronnies! screw that ill make one at work they arent complicated at all.
68 is all the damn thing is worth. Lower quantity production will be a bit more but agree, 200 is out there.
Ron

1 - 19 of 19 Posts