Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Northern Rod
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i have an 06 vrsca. Bought new chrome pulley but need bearing. What size bearing do i need and where can i get one.Can i install it myself.Oh ya just put new exhaust and fuel programmer on.Bub 2 into1 and Dynojet V (RETRO FIT). Amazing sound, cant wait till i can go for a rip. Wont be until spring, since the snow wont be gone till may.:( Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hi Guys, i have an 06 vrsca. Bought new chrome pulley but need bearing. What size bearing do i need and where can i get one.Can i install it myself. ...
Are you referring to the rear drive sprocket? If so I'm assuming you have either the 40191-01 or the 40229-04 part. You should have received instructions with the sprocket where it mentions that these require a 40433-01 bearing. These are available from HD dealers. I don't know of a generic bearing that will work but someone else might. You should also get a service manual where bearing installation is explained but it's a fairly standard bearing installation; press only on the outside bearing race and heating the sprocket first (to about 120 °C or 250 °F) will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts