Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling a radiator from an 03 Vrod is a P.I.T.A.
But at least the front of my bike is very clean now that the hard to reach places are easy to reach, I get to replace my full synthetic oil that had all of 350 miles on it, and I get the replace all the coolant- again. However, I have now gained 10 experience points for wrenching on a vrod:vrod:

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Did you have a leak or something that you had to pull your radiator or was you just wanting to get behind it to clean? Either way, congrats on your ten points :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way I would go through that to clean- and I keep mine spotless. I had a leak and it appears to be from the damn mount for one of the cooling fans that goes through the radiator with no support- bad design HD.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Ah, good to know... What did you have to do to fix it? Take it to a radiator shop or did you fix it yourself? Geez, I'm jealous, you not too far from where Nick Trask is and Tim Doherty... You have access to two of the best in the industry :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back on topic. Not fxed yet had to go out of town for a meeting, taking it to a shop tomorrow to see if it can be repaired. I missed the one on ebay because of the damn meeting. Oh well, hope mine can be welded and I'll be back running in time for the rain this weekend.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
I agree. Worst part about doing an engine build is messin with the dang radiator.
Ain't that the truth, and I've only done the disassembly part. Why HD glues those coolant hoses on is just beyond me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Giggity- Rad shop called this afternoon and found two holes- that they can repair! Hope to have it back tomorrow afternoon then I get to test my memory on reassembling the beast. Busted knuckles here I come!!! It is killing me cuz the weather has been awesome here.
Anyone have a line on getting replacement clips for the cooling fans? You have to cut the damn things off to remove them.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
I agree. Worst part about doing an engine build is messin with the dang radiator.
I always let Scott mess with it. I hate that damn thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts