Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I guess you could say I'm new to the community. I'm in the Army, finishing up a 2nd tour of the cradle of civilization. I bought a yellow 06 VRSCR from a N.C. dealer a couple of weeks ago, and had a relative pick up the bike and store it for me until I can get home, make the trip north (from Fort Benning GA) and pick her up.

Been riding for 10 years now. I've had at one time or another in my garage a Honda Shadow, an R1, most recently a Z1000, and now the Street Rod. I was half-heartedly in the market for another bike; the plan was to wait awhile and get the 2010 Z1000 or maybe a Speed Triple next year some time. The idea of owning a Harley hadn't really crossed my mind, that is until I saw pictures of this particular bike on an ebay auction. Bright yellow, Vance & Hines 2-1 pipe (the sport-bikey one), pristine, 4k miles. I thought "meh, looks the business and I haven't owned a Harley yet, so why not". I did plenty of research on the VRSCR and decided that if ANY H-D would be compatible with the way I like to ride, it would be this one.

Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for your service, too! Joe

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You picked the right Harley. Lots of people here to help you out (just ignore the crank named "Lux" who has been institutionalized for his irrational hatred of R's). And thanks for your service. Our son just got to the sandbox a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts