Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Improved License Plate Illuminator

I just finished a new design for the license plate illuminators that are definitley brighter than the old ones.

If anyone has one of the older style (pre-November) license plate illuminator and would like a brighter one, contact me for an upgrade.

I'll post some pics shortly.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Joe if you did not see the other thread I put your light on my rod tonight and that thing is great. The quality was better then I could have expected.

Great work Joe, my only complaint is you didn't fly out to Texas to do the install, but we don't have the same intertainment that vegas has. LOL

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, glad you like it and thanks for the kind words... next time I'll fly out there ;)

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's a pic... I suppose it doesn't really show much, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Joe, to install these lights, do we need to remove the fender or sre they just plug and play???????????? I am still loving the safety and look of yor taillight. I get so many compliments and I am always giving out your web address. Thanks,

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, the fender needs to come off to get the plate light in, but in most cases, it's a matter of maybe half a dozen or so bolts to take the fender off... after that it's plang and play :D

Shawn, yes, I am carrying the RMD Billet sidemount and have some other ideas rolling around for a stock location replacement.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Joe -

Do you have any pics that show how this illuminator actually mounts? Is it in a housing or are the L.E.D.'s exposed?

Thanks, Jason

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's a retrofitted stock V-Rod license plate housing... the LEDs are up where the bulbs go.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Hey Joe,

Glad to see you're always coming out with new stuff.
How much brighter is your new light?
As you know I've got the pre-November one - what's the $ difference?

Craig

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
I don't know if you Neighbors could handle Joe laying in their front yard!:eek:

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey, I had my pants on that time!!

craig, shoot me an email.