Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as a replacement for my current V-Rod but as an addition.

This picture from forum member Street Rod from Switzerland sealed the deal for me that I actually LIKE the R and I kind of want one now.

The wheels, exhaust and Dodge Neon headlight have to go (sorry but that's just my personal taste) But with the gap opened way up in the back with his cut to nothing rear fender I think it looks right. No gap and slammed looks good and a huge gap looks fine, but the stock look I always hated. The fender just didn't fit the bike right (again, sorry but my opinion)

But now I see that an R can be made into one sweet ass ride. Cut the fender to bits, fix the engine mismatch (wtf was harley thinking with silver and black on the same engine?), 08 D wheels, DX other model Harley or after market headlight, lose the two tone, replace the suspension and that is a bike I could love.

I'll start looking as I believe they are dirt cheap right now.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
eh, if you want a sportier bike, why not just get a real one instead of the moco's half assed attempt. it still weighs 600 lbs

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want a sport bike so what else is out there that has a little bit of style and will still get up and go and can be layed way over? 99% of jap bikes look like shit to me. Some Ducatti's are nice though I guess, that is a thought. I really like XR1200s too but I'm sure that engine would make me want to torch it and report it stolen after a few months.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So really you just want this guy's fender...
No but it makes an R looks decent to me suddenly. That fender would look ridiculous on a regular V-Rod.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
You should buy one. An Orange one with a terrible paint job to match the bike you have.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
its a beautiful machine when done right. This one belongs to a friend in Taiwan.

·
GIT UR DONE...later
990 Posts
I rented an R for a couple of days and put about 500 miles on it on some, at times, rough roads. I want one too!!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
yeah, but if you want a cafe style bike, why not just get one. why get an overly bloated R instead? you can get a lot of bike for 6 or 7k if it doesnt say HD on it.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Plan B:

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
There sure some haters on the SR.
I have had one since early 06 and love it.
I have an 06 D, and an 06 SE and love them, but the R is a special ride.
American made corner carver with style.

I never would have bought a Harley if these wouldnt have come out

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
yeah, but if you want a cafe style bike, why not just get one. why get an overly bloated R instead? you can get a lot of bike for 6 or 7k if it doesnt say HD on it.
You can get a lot of bike for 4 grand nowadays.
What is the black thing on the rear,a pillow? Looks like a child used a V-Rod for a high school shop class project.
It would make a nice practice bike on a RR track,even a clay track.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts