Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site after being on the V-Rod ladies forum. I like all the info on here.
I'm a new V-Rod owner. My hubby sold his Springer and bought me mine for Christmas. He now owns a Road Glide. :jeannie:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
:welcome:

Can I ask how tall you are and what you've done to get the bike to "fit" ?

Doing some ongoing research for my wife. :D

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Welcome mikeynkay!
More women in the forums is a welcomed event!
Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mikeynkay welcome to the forum, if you would like access to the ladies lounge just let me know. They have a private area here so that they don't catch any flak from we heathens.

Max

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 5'3. My husband put the reduced reach controls on the bike which has helped a lot! My heels don't touch and that bothers me some and I am trying to talk him into adjusting the forks or getting a lowering kit but he isn't buying so far.
He told me to just wear higher heels! :banghead: I think he's saying that because he wants to spend the time and money on his bike and not mine! :rofl2:

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
mikeynkay said:
I think he's saying that because he wants to spend the time and money on his bike and not mine! :rofl2:
LOL I remember my girlfriend telling me that cuz I was spending tons on my V-Rod and very little on her Sportster. :bs: I spent plenty upgrading to lots of chrome. Not nearly as much of course but I did do it. I swear.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Manhorse said:
LOL I remember my girlfriend telling me that cuz I was spending tons on my V-Rod and very little on her Sportster. :bs: I spent plenty upgrading to lots of chrome. Not nearly as much of course but I did do it. I swear.
I would like to hear her side of the Story! :spank:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
LOL! you guys.

mikeynkay, one easy way to get a lower seat is to have the seat foam cut down. If there is a seat customizer in your area, have them do the high density foam and a gel insert at the same time. One of the best upgrades you can do, IMO.

BTW, welcome to here.
Greg

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Karl Scott said:
:welcome:

Can I ask how tall you are and what you've done to get the bike to "fit" ?

Doing some ongoing research for my wife. :D
Got tired of scraping Harleys reduced setup and rigged these. Unfortunatly no one makes a decent setup. I have a 30'' inseam and can kick my heels over the pegs for cruising. It requires an extended shifter.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts