Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...with my riding boots and need to have them resoled. We are lacking for good shoemakers in town and have been looking into online services. Does anyone have good or bad experience with either or both of resoling boots and online providers of the service?

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Shoe makers are a dying breed. You can still get things resoled... but made, not around here anymore.

We use to have a few REALLY good old European boot makers. Most have closed down but there was one left I went to go see recently.

The guy I use to know gave up the place to his son in law. He told me, they only repair shoes and boots now, it is just not worth it for them to make boots since people want to pay chinese prices.

At the time (20-25 years ago) a pair of hand made, good quality boots from him were around $200.00. I would pay $400-$500 if he would still make them.

There is one place left I know in Vancouver that still makes hand made boots.
http://www.rinosshoesforthestars.com/Samples.htm

As for simply putting on new soles... you can surely get in done here in Montreal (St-Marc st. just below St-Catherine). But they are not on the net!

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Contact Whites Boots in Spokane WA. They may be able to help.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LiquidSilver said:
Contact Whites Boots in Spokane WA. They may be able to help.
I had already sent them an email. Have you experience with their work?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I have a lot of friends around here who are loggers who swear by their stuff. These are 20+year type of boots of very high comfort and quality. Their folks know their stuff. What I don't know is if they'll re-sole someone else's product.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I tried re-soleing once. Bad experience. The boots felt horrible. Now I just plunk down $85 every other year for the HD zippered combat boot at Academy Sports. I am on my third pair, I wear them every day and they are the most comfortable boots I've found. I only hate that they say Made in China.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LiquidSilver said:
I have a lot of friends around here who are loggers who swear by their stuff. These are 20+year type of boots of very high comfort and quality. Their folks know their stuff. What I don't know is if they'll re-sole someone else's product.
Their stuff looks good on the site.
Let's see what they reply to the email....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i've got the same issue...need my boots resoled. I'm attached to them and I DON'T WANNA GIVE THEM UP!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts