Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after owning my Vrod now for almost 11 months I finally decided I am going to purchase an exhaust. I have selected SuperTrapp Fat Shots. I know they are not a big drastic change, but enough for me. What I liked about them is that you can tune the sound with the discs they provide. Plus Supertrapp has been making exhausts for a very long time, especially for Harley Davidson. They will be in next week, I will post pics when they are on.

I have been running the stock exhaust that have been drilled. I just hesitated for a while because my bike just runs so great. I hope it will continue to do the same!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ramrod75 said:
better get in on before that ride on the 17th!
Oh they will be!!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sm171 said:
Good, I'm getting tired of hearing about it.:angeldev:
Yeah so is everybody else

·
Banned
579 Posts
Congrats I would've have never made 11 months sounding like a sewing machine

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
I have selected SuperTrapp Fat Shots. I know they are not a big drastic change, but enough for me. What I liked about them is that you can tune the sound with the discs they provide.

I have been to their plant and have a good friend who works there even though I ran a CFR 2-1 slip-on instead of theirs.
The discs are for tuning the motor not sound, you'll need to have it dyno tuned or download a new map. Once you're tuned, you're tuned, not sure how much you will affect the gas/air ratio by playing with the discs but it will definitely change things. Maybe not a big deal but I would call them on it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
traktime said:
I have been to their plant and have a good friend who works there even though I ran a CFR 2-1 slip-on instead of theirs.
The discs are for tuning the motor not sound, you'll need to have it dyno tuned or download a new map. Once you're tuned, you're tuned, not sure how much you will affect the gas/air ratio by playing with the discs but it will definitely change things. Maybe not a big deal but I would call them on it.
I was under the impression that some members have tried different dic amounts and have received the best sound for 10 discs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts