Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to local dealer today(mistake I know)to get my oil and clutch fluid changed.It has always been 5 qts in the past.(06A)Well today they charge me for 6qts and tell me it is a misprint in manual which I knew to be 5 not 4.5qts.They tell me it takes 5.3qts so they charge for 6qts.I get home and check the dipstick and it reads like they put in 4.5?What a bunch of shit.:mad:And to top it off there was dot 3 fluid all over the radiator side cover as well as many other parts.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
The extra quart was to probably cover for someone adding the oil but forgetting to put the drain plug in till after they noticed the oil running back out. Plus they should have saved a little to lube you up.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
You should have asked them for the remaining oil from the 6th quart. Since they charged you for it you're entitled to it. I would like to have seen the look on their face when you asked. BTW: My bike has never taken more then 5 quarts. Sounds like a bunch of :bs: to me.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
Dot 3? :eek: They didn't put that in the bike did they?

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Get your money back. That's highway robbery!!!

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
iowadeerslayer said:
06A)Well today they charge me for 6qts and tell me it is a misprint in manual which I knew to be 5 not 4.5qts.They tell me it takes 5.3qts so they charge for 6qts.
Pee Your Bee S.

5 quarts - not a stinkin' drop more. :bs:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry,it was dot 4.And I went back in to Big barn (old zooks) today and got a refund for the extra qt after talking to the general manager.Also realized they used synthetic, which I did not ask for and was refunded the difference.Last but not least they washed the bike off.

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
I've heard of lots of people in the DSM area going to Ames rather than deal with zooks. I haven't even been to the Big Barn yet, I suppose I should check it out at some point.

How does Hawkeye in Corralville do?

-jt

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Hawkeye in Coralville is 100000% better than Metro in Cedar Rapids. I barely know any airheads that will even give money to Metro. Hawkeye is really v-rod friendly in the service dept and their parts girl knows who I am when I call. The only thing they lack is a dyno, and they are working on that be sometime next year I believe.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually bought from C&C in chariton and highly recommend them.Saved big $ and have treated me very good.Just did not have time to drive 45 min for a oil change.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I purchased my Night Rod from Zooks and had a good experience. I had my initial service done by Big Barn(formerly Zooks) this spring and for the first time ever I got a bike back when promised. Stopping back several times after that I got the feeling things had changed, my wife said the place gave her a bad feeling for what that's worth. Now we work through Ames and have been treated well. Haven't had any service done there though so I can't speak for that. I won't even go through the door of Metro in Cedar Rapids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts