Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks as if I will finally be getting my Vrod. Will definitely be buying used. I'm looking everywhere - here, ebay, craigslist, etc..

Can you give me an idea of what I should pay based on year / mileage? I'm looking at an A or B, any year. Maximum I will spend is 15k, but of course I want the most bike for the least amount of $$$ !!!!!! :D

Thanks!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Without a specific bike with options thats really a loaded question. If your looking to buy a fairly stock bike you won't have much trouble finding an 02-04 in the $10-$12k range and maybe cheaper if you look enough. Mileage isn't a big factor on the bike since they seem to hold up very well.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Max said:
Without a specific bike with options thats really a loaded question. If your looking to buy a fairly stock bike you won't have much trouble finding an 02-04 in the $10-$12k range and maybe cheaper if you look enough. Mileage isn't a big factor on the bike since they seem to hold up very well.
:them:

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Buy used. I am forever seeing low mileage bikes thru the forum, Craigslist, etc at very good $. Save the coin and invest it in mods!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
If you are not already, search at cycletrader online too: http://www.cycletrader.com/index.html

You can see what Kelly Blue Book has listed, though the market drives pricing more: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/Motorcycles/Retail.aspx

You should get an idea of the cost on various mods, so if a bike has them you know the added value, and if it does not you know your add on costs to get them later.

Other than that search the ads to get your price baselines and be patient to get the right bike at the right price for you.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If your willing to go $15000.00, hell man go buy a brand new one and customize it your own way. Why settle for someone elses creation that you might not like just to save a few bucks?

·
Registered
130 Posts
How about 13K for a 07 Night Rod, the local dealer has 2 black ones and one blue on the showroom floor. Not very popular in this area. Ma.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Paid $11,500, for an 05 with 6500 miles. Accessories included 16 GA Screaming Eagle pipes, 2 back rests, touring passenger seat, custom pegs, grips,frame bag,garage door opener, passenger floorboards and 3 year extended warrenty. So keep looking, there are a ton of great deals out there, especially this time of year once the cold wheather starts.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Ya might be able to pick up a new DX 07 for close to your $15 grrr limit. With the 08's coming out n about, itsnot a bad idea to shop around for someone with too many( such a thing?) 07's on thier showroom floor

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the quick responses. I will be checking all of the websites as well as responding to those of you who have PM'ed me.
Here's a question regarindg the DX: Why are so many 2007 DX bikes available right now on ebay? Is there something wrong?

·
evan04hd
416 Posts
jacothedog said:
Thanks for the quick responses. I will be checking all of the websites as well as responding to those of you who have PM'ed me.
Here's a question regarindg the DX: Why are so many 2007 DX bikes available right now on ebay? Is there something wrong?
Could have something to do with the 08's having the 1250's.

·
Registered
553 Posts
jacothedog said:
It looks as if I will finally be getting my Vrod. Will definitely be buying used. I'm looking everywhere - here, ebay, craigslist, etc..

Can you give me an idea of what I should pay based on year / mileage? I'm looking at an A or B, any year. Maximum I will spend is 15k, but of course I want the most bike for the least amount of $$$ !!!!!! :D

Thanks!
I must say to watch craigslist as well as the classifieds here...
I found my 04 vrsca with two pages of chrome options (dealer), windshield, bags, corbin seats, loaded adn laden with two pages of dealer supplied options ($8500) for $10,000 in a new section of craigslist for Albany Oregon.

They had listed the bike for $12,500 a week before in this new area and no one called, so they lowered the price to $10K to liquidate it, they were moving and had stored the bike for years... It had but 2,000 miles and was as perfect as any new bike, having been purchased new by an older gentleman who scared himself... Tossing a tarp over it in late 04, and never riding it again... I've watched V-Rods pricing and see "HUGE" variations, depending on where you look... Right now on craigslist there are a number of very nice V-Rods in the $10K range, so look and shop hard (not dealership) and you will find your dream bike, and at a very low price!!!!!

V-Rods for some do not seem to hold value, and are sold pretty reasonable...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found my 2003 V rod for sale on e-bay for $10k. It had SE pipes, K&N filter, windshield, sundowner seat, cover, and only 4k miles.

I also had found a brand new 2005 "B" at the dealer in Wildwood NJ. He bargained down to $11.5

There are lots of good deals on used bikes this time of year.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
jacothedog said:

Thanks!
If you don't "pay out the ass" you won't feel good about your bike and will have nothing to brag about (except how fast you can go).

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
jacothedog said:
My 07 DX rocks!!! These bikes are awesome. People sell their bikes for various reasons, take advantage and get a good deal on a used one :)

·
gstandish
23 Posts
I've been searching around for a post on the proper pre-cautions for buying a bike "on-line". Anyone care to lend some opinions on the proper steps to take in buying something sight un-seen?

·
Red Rod Rider
244 Posts
gstandish said:
I've been searching around for a post on the proper pre-cautions for buying a bike "on-line". Anyone care to lend some opinions on the proper steps to take in buying something sight un-seen?
i bought mine (2004 vrsca) on ebay, if you're going to collect it yourself & can see the paperwork, listen to it running etc before you hand over the cash its as safe as buying in any other way, if its a dog you can just walk away..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts