Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's street legal again!No training wheels or slick.I even put my shocks and mirrors on!The Tranny seems to be shifting fine but the seal around the counter shaft is leaking like a MOFO!:mad:I think is was damaged from the tension on the chain.Does anyone know how hard it is to replace it?I did a little NOS pass on the freeway and Boy was that fun! :diablo: Need to have the rear brake bleed because I had to disconnect the line to get the rear wheel off!:(

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
It's about time you join us back on the street,w/the v-rod.
How much are you spraying on the street?Aren't you running rich w/out the n2o?
Out of curiosity how do the turbo tec pipes sound compared to the v-5?

Vinny

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOOKING FOR A PART# 35433-01K Seal Carrier Assemble.Does anyone have a picture of this seal and whats entailed to install a new one?Can I do it my self or is it a dealer install idem?It goes behind the shaft that the pulley/sprocket is on.:cool:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was very surprised how well it ran off the Juice! :D It smokes that 240 at will!:diablo: I had my race NOS setup with just low pressure and it screamed!!!!!!The bummer for the street is the $12 a gallon Race Gas I have in.For the street I will just run premium and no Juice.I made a custom K&N setup for the throttle bodies and it worked great.I might take it to the dyno for a new tune for just the street.Will see?:icon_twis

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna pull the cover off now and check for sure!:cool:

·
Registered
172 Posts
If its coming out the output shaft the seal should be servicable without to much problem although you will have to fab something to hold the shaft when you break the nut loose. I dont think there is a seal on the counter balancer as that is inside the case. If you are leaking around that enormous piece of chrome then you are on your own buddy. ;)

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
KAZ it's good to see you having fun on the rod once again, everyone needs a break sometimes...the track will always be there for you to play with, you and the rod need some good ol qaulity time. hope things start looking up for you.You have our %100 support.:biker:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's comming from the part that I said.It holds the seal on the input shaft with aplate and 4 star bolts.:cool:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Kaz
The HI-Po gas that is available(I run in my 68 Charger R/T) that is 110 octane low lead is down to 3.29 and 9/10 per gallon. It was 5.49 a gallon this past summer. You should be able to fing that stuff near a racetrack ,no ? This is in Oshkosh right by the Expressway. It may not be oxygenated or whatever it is you run but my Dodge runs good with it. I am in the process of selling this car , I may just end up with an Electraglide out of it. It depends on the cost of a whole bunch of home improvements. Nonetheless, The gas is great, I would try some in the V-Rod but all of you said it is a waste of $$$
BobT

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With amount of NOS and the aggressive Timming .I have to use VP C-23 about the highest octain race gas they make and it $60 for 5 gallons!:eek:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Kaz ...... I'll be watching for those "NOS passes"!!!!:sinister:

Zeeman:goof

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Do you have any pics of this custom k&n setup for your throttle bodies?
How do those turbo tec sound compared to the supertrapp?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My digital camera is toast so no new pics!:( The TT'S are Much More AGGRESSIVE Sounding=Loud as $hit!:diablo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts