Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter marked "Occupant" posted to my address. Basically, written by a 6th grade scribe in large block letters chastising me about my loud mufflers and what right did I have to wake the neighborhood in the morning (I leave about 0745 every morning) "for my amusement". Ha! I think I know who the resident Shakespeare is. Some less than savory characters down the block, teenagers and their grossly obese mother. Maybe if they were in school or had jobs it wouldn't be an issue. After all, my TAB's are loud but not that loud. I and I actually take care when exiting the neighborhood to keep RPM's down and don't rev. Idiots. I kept the letter, lest they do something foolish. I should probably let them know I got it...

Phatass

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Just remember: when you're arguing with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Sounds like it is time for a block party. Invite 100 of your MC riding friends over for a Saturday ride where they can all start at your house. If seeing 100 bikers at your house does not change their opinion then maybe hearing the roaring thunder of 100 bikes pull out may. You may want to let your other neighbors "know" beforehand.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it is time for a block party. Invite 100 of your MC riding friends over for a Saturday ride where they can all start at your house. If seeing 100 bikers at your house does not change their opinion then maybe hearing the roaring thunder of 100 bikes pull out may. You may want to let your other neighbors "know" beforehand.

Genius. I am gonna invite the guys over. We'll have a barbecue or sumthin. :notworth: Maybe a revving contest...

Phatass

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Make sure to invite them also or they will claim it was against them. Need a few to come over looking like they walked off the set of Mad Max.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
They couldn't walk over and talk about it?

Last Saturday, neighbors were having a party and they are great so have fun, I didn't care about the noise.
But about 12:30 am I wake up to hear a Harley start up (heard it earlier arriving) and leave, he idled long and took off rather loudly, 5 minutes later he comes back revving and acting a fool, it repeats again and the ole lady says I slept thru a few more..........this yuppie a$$hole was giving rides at past midnight in my neighborhood in hopes of his short-ass getting laid. I went out and gave him a rather loud and rude speech about it, saw that he left for good and made sure my neighbors were cool with it but I explained to them that the whole city thinks it was me and the fockin' "newbie" should know better. I take great care in not pissing off my neighbors, it's only right and in 1 fell swoop this "typical new Harley jerk" one of Lux's favorites, focked 20 years up.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Convert that horse shoe pit into a burn out pit!!!!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Your neighbor has no balls.The giveaway is the occupant thing on the letter.

I took up names from my hood one time petitioning the batch of slime that was selling drugs and attracting the thieves that come along with this type business.
I started the letter to the drug dealers as We the people of this neighbor have decided you have to move away,I also put my return address on it w my name on top.This,of course did not work.What did work was a petition to the governors secretary of how pissed off we were in our little area about the thieving drug addicts that were created by he dealers. 24 swat and FDLE officials came in and shut them down.Our hood is still running clean,and anyone that uses drugs keeps it under cover good enough that I don't even know about it.

Point here about me telling you this,your neighbor hasn't got any balls in his sack! He's sneaky,and liable to take the law into his own hands toward you,so watch out.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Point here about me telling you this,your neighbor hasn't got any balls in his sack! He's sneaky,and liable to take the law into his own hands toward you,so watch out.

Yes, I have considered this. I just left a note on their front door that says the following:

"I received your threatening letter. If you are that concerned, please feel free to call the Richland Police Department. I have kept your letter in the event this escalates, and will use it as evidence if necessary. Have a nice day"

I made a copy of it for our records. We'll see what happens next, if anything.

Phatass

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would have just put return to sender on it and would have done just that. I got one of those because my Dogs like to Bark when we take them out mid-day for some reason. Never in the early morning but something gets them going mid-day. Oh and we live in a block of about 20 Rowhouses on a main road that has Traffic 24/7

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They are complaining about 7:45... good grief... tell them to get a job and then they will already be awake and it won't bother them any more... I ride out every morning before 6:30 and don't have any complaints and that is with my (sarcasm on) ultra quiet Jug Huggers (sarcasm off). Admittedly most of my neighbors have bikes and my neighbor hood is very bike friendly but when it is almost 8:00 in the morning and your still asleep on a workday then you need to take care of yourself. Even when I have worked shift work if I needed to sleep during the day I would take precautions as needed for my environment like blackout curtains and earplugs....

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Yes, I have considered this. I just left a note on their front door that says the following:

"I received your threatening letter. If you are that concerned, please feel free to call the Richland Police Department. I have kept your letter in the event this escalates, and will use it as evidence if necessary. Have a nice day"

I made a copy of it for our records. We'll see what happens next, if anything.

Phatass
Be prepared to defend yourself to the cops. Washington State has noise levels for MCs: http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=wa

Maximum Sound Level Max A-weighted sound level as measured at 50 feet (WAC 173-62-030): 1)78dBA at 45mph or less; 2)82dBA over 45mph. Stationary 20 inch standard: Models before 1986--99dBA.

This is why I never threaten legal action til I spoke with a lawyer and know that I am in the right. You may want to start looking for a set of stock cans, just in case.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts

I took up names from my hood one time petitioning the batch of slime that was selling drugs and attracting the thieves that come along with this type business.
I started the letter to the drug dealers as We the people of this neighbor have decided you have to move away,I also put my return address on it w my name on top.This,of course did not work.What did work was a petition to the governors secretary of how pissed off we were in our little area about the thieving drug addicts that were created by he dealers. 24 swat and FDLE officials came in and shut them down.Our hood is still running clean,and anyone that uses drugs keeps it under cover good enough that I don't even know about it.

:them: Guys it's 2010. People are crazier than ever. You never know what someone will do, especially irrational illiterate fools who complain about nonsense. Then again you were probably interupting them while they were watching re-runs of Jerry Springer. Then, of course I can see their complaints are valid... :paper:

·
Registered
221 Posts
That just sucks because chances are if there is complaint made to the police, they have to investigate and if the do and don't cite you and there is a second complaint then most likely a supervisor will have to get involved and unless they're both HD owners you can pretty much count on a citation or at least a fix-it ticket. I just saw those Jeckyl & Hyde pipes and wonder how you tune for them?
Ed

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
So everyone in the World works 9-5? everyone is Up at 7:45 am or else they are Bums? Weird, when I do Night shoots my Call time is usually 1-3pm an we start shooting around 8-10pm and will shoot until 2-3 am. I guess that means I am a Bum and deserve to woken up at 8 am everyday.
There is this Rich kid up the street, has a Brand New BMW, Sports Package with Loud Pipes. He akes a lot of noise, I guess thats just life. Oh wait, he is from a Rich family does that make it different?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
That just sucks because chances are if there is complaint made to the police, they have to investigate and if the do and don't cite you and there is a second complaint then most likely a supervisor will have to get involved and unless they're both HD owners you can pretty much count on a citation or at least a fix-it ticket. I just saw those Jeckyl & Hyde pipes and wonder how you tune for them?
Ed
So what you saying is that this "Guy" sucks because He tried to take this issue up by way of a letter? Maybe HE thought "Hey I will ask this guy to calm it down a bit instead of calling the cops and see what He does". I agree the letter approach is faulty, You have a problem with someone you act like a grown up simple enough. So what You are saying is that The Note should have been by passed and cops Just called instead 1st off?

I want to see the comments on a Thread about "The neighbor kid has a rice rocket and wakes me up...." and see all "The Harley Types" turn on a Dime and start belly aching about a noisy kid on a rice rocket and why He is in the wrong.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
So everyone in the World works 9-5? everyone is Up at 7:45 am or else they are Bums? Weird, when I do Night shoots my Call time is usually 1-3pm an we start shooting around 8-10pm and will shoot until 2-3 am. I guess that means I am a Bum and deserve to woken up at 8 am everyday.
There is this Rich kid up the street, has a Brand New BMW, Sports Package with Loud Pipes. He akes a lot of noise, I guess thats just life. Oh wait, he is from a Rich family does that make it different?
No not a bum but when you do night shoots when you go home do you expect the rest of the neighborhood to coordinate with you on your sleeping arrangements or do you take the needed precaution the be able to sleep? As I stated when I have to sleep during the day I will use ear plugs and blackout curtains if need be, because I know that the majority of the world is up and doing things during the day...

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Of course if the bike had a quiet exhaust there would be no problem in the first place. Hey, I'm just saying.............

1 - 20 of 60 Posts