Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Billy
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ignition switch locked up on me at MB bike week. Used a butter knife to tap on it and got through bike week. Took it apart last Saturday and put a drop of oil on the ball bearings in the barrel and put di-electric grease on the contacts and worked great until my second ride afterward. Must be something in the barrel that is jamming. Never took that section apart because of all the springs and ball bearings. How difficult is it to put back together should I decide to do that. Or:

I am also looking for a good switch and keys if anyone has one from a switch change. Gotta get it fixed. 2003 A model.

·
Billy
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
11,205 Posts
It's not that a big a deal to dismantle the old switch. Just be careful as those springs are under tension.
Anyone with mechanical abilities can figure out how to take apart and put it back together again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's not that a big a deal to dismantle the old switch. Just be careful as those springs are under tension.
Anyone with mechanical abilities can figure out how to take apart and put it back together again.
I have tried that in the past, worked great until it was all put together.
The barrel pins on mine wore out and causing the problem with mine.
After 4 tries I ended up replacing the lock assy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts