Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered two coils from the local hd dealer.they come packaged as two in one box.the dealer wants to charge me separately for each coil but i feel the price should be for the one box containing two coils.one part number for the two coils should equate to one price for the two.they said it was normal practice to charge for each item and not for the box containing two coils.i believe they are thieving bastards .am i right or wrong here.ps the part nbr is 32477-01.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
You are wrong. I ran into this some time back. Quite a few of Harley's parts come multiple units to a single package. It has something to do with Harley having minimum order requirements to their dealers.

A real good example is the electrical connectors and pins. The pins come 10 to a package but they are sold individually. The minimum the dealer can order is 10 but you can order one if that is all you need.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i order that part number from chicago hd, will they send me that box unopened with two coils for their listed price for that part number or will they charge me twice the listed price .seems a strange system.im not sure its entirely legal.i have asked chd but have not recieved a responce yet.

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
The way aftersale is being done is definitely not transparent.
I've had similar issues and didn't like it.
For example I ordered parts exactly according to the given descriptions in the parts book, clearly mentioned p/n and amount. I received an offer, again with detailed data, which I confirmed.
When I came to the shop the idiots wanted to charge me twice and didn't even accept the fact that I had it in writing. Told me it was a mistake, the system changed recently, blablabla
So I left the shop in rage and never returned, now I order parts in the US.
Regarding the ignition coils - they do come in a set unless they recently changed that too...

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
I have purchased single coils in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts