Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ayjay. Alan is a good friend of mine and he's getting the V-Rod fever, thanks to me! Alan lives in the UK and is in the motor-sports business and is also addicted to fine watches. That's how I know Alan. I post some V-Rod stuff on my forum, and now Alan is so pissed at me because he wants one now too! :goof He posted this on my forum.

Damn you, JW.....damn you to hell >>>>

After going cold-turkey on motorbikes for about 6 years now, your constant posts about the V-Rod have made be start to think about getting one.

And now a best buddy of mine in Australia has bought one as well.....so today I found myself at the local Harley dealer.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm getting very close (only the impending winter weather has stopped me from getting one so far).

No doubt I'm going to buy one....and when I do, you will be hearing a few choice words from my wife. I figure I'm going to give her your contact details, so that she can sound off at you for causing me to buy one.;)

So I invited him over here! :diablo:

John

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome Alan , Whether or not you buy one , The thing is you enjoy bikes( VRSC's especially) Have a great weekend !
BobT

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now another buddy has joined. weaponeer Bruce just purchased a softtail (I think) and he's a life long military guy. He also lives in Texas. Bruce is a great guy as well.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, JW

Now I'm probably the newest member, hahaha.

Your post on the other forum got me over here, too.

I may have a softtail, but the V-rod is still interesting. Maybe in 15 or 20 years I may be able to accept it as a "clasic". ;)

weaponeer

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome Bruce and Alan,

Bruce, you'll love your softail very nice bikes but one day you'll get the bug.

Alan, all I can say is once you are bit it hard to hold back and you just might find a good deal over the cold season. Dealer still have to eat and pay bills, so keep your eye out of one. I just got finished doing a 700 mile round trip and it was a lot of fun bike ran great, not one problem.

Best of luck to both of you and again welcome to our board.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I've known JW for some time from his other forum. Never a dull moment when he's around. But, he's a bad influence on me. Got me hooked on Rolex watches, expensive fountain pens, and other bad habits. He was also instumental in my decision to buy my 2003 Softtail Standard after 33 years of not having touched a bike.

The V-rod would probably suit me if I was younger, but the big cruisers are more applicable to my current, more senior and portly years! One of these days I'll post my pic from 1969 on my Triumph Bonneville chopper. It's one of JW's favorite pics!

weaponeer

·
Registered
974 Posts
Very Cool. We all look forward to seeing your pictures. This is a very helpful bunch of folks 'round here. Have a great weekend. BobT

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, per popular request...

Here's my last bike. Pic was taken in August 1969, the morning I left for Woodstock. Triumphs were the "in" sport bikes (though I really wanted a Sportster) and the chopped, minimalist look had started. The bike had no instruments, ignition switch, battery, a squeeze bulb horn, and basically nothing that wasn't required to make it go and be (barely) legal in New York State.

I can't take credit for the paint job, it was like that when I got it. fading metalflake paint was cool back then. Nowadays, the rainbow paint job would probably get me tagged as gay!:rolleyes:

Sold the bike in 1970 when I went in the Army. Wish I still had the sucker. Still have a soft spot for the brit Bike.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Bruce,
Outstanding, Sir! I most enjoy the "bulb Horn" and how that was an acceptable warning device! Welcome, from another Army guy!

Mike
:biker:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I sold my '67 BSA this past June to a collector in Deluth. It still. had the squeeze bulb horn. I had removed the battery (in '71 I think, you could run the british twins without a battery if you added a 'bfc' (thats a large capicator) ) and the horn acted like a kill button. Since I have the V-Rod, I'm over missing the BSA.

Welcome to the best V-Rod site!:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts