Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have not had your rear brake switch fail, please inspect it. Some wear signs are your resevoir caps will be bubbling. There may be a small leak under the switch when the rear brake is applied. This will cause your rear brakes to fail, not just your light......

If you had your rear brake switch fail, please take the time to fill out this form....Takes just a couple minutes, and who knows, Maybe Harley will acknowledge this and be forced to fix the problem.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

Thanks Dmack for the link......

Please forward this link to any other websites that you are a member of....
Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
Its important to inspect these. When my rear brake switch quit working and caught on fire I had NO rear brakes whatsoever !!!! And I had a small fire about 6 inches from my Fuel cell !!!!!

Make sure you have your VIN# handy and the NHTSA form takes just a few minutes at most.

·
james
601 Posts
what are we suppost to classify this under. service brake electical or service brake hydrolic i had no fire but i did loose pressure for the back brakes????

·
Registered
342 Posts
I put mine under both brake service electrical and electrical system. It lets you put more than one choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts