Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the Scorpio alarm system for my '09 AW and realized while installing and programming it I had wasted $60.00.

First, I thought it would be a good idea to buy their $30.00 "harness" that is advertised as a direct plug-and-play to the V-Rod's wiring system. It is not. It only plugs into the rear turn signal system. You still have to splice in your own power and ground wires. And the alarm already comes with four quality T-Tap connectors and clear instructions on how to tap into that same turn signal harness. So by adding their harness you are saving about one minute on the install but adding two more plugs to an already crowded area of your V-Rod.

Second, I though a second remote would be a good idea. And it might be, but it turns out the system will only accept programming from ONE remote. The second one cannot be programmed without erasing the first one from the system memory. Another $30.00 piece laying around. Having an extra is okay if you ever lose the first one, but you will still have to program it in. It's not like you can give the second one to a buddy on a road trip and expect to use it in case you lose yours on the road.

So there you go. I could have saved myself $60.00 had I known all of this. Perhaps one of you can do so now.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Good info.

·
Registered
583 Posts
yes but you probably saved $3.00 off your insurance....so really you're only out $57.00:hidesbeh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts