Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
You just NAILED IT pal... BIG TIME!!!!! :notworth: Thanks for sharing this treasure!!!
Going straight to my facebook wall... :thumb:

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
Strangely enough it makes me want to put a turbo on my bike.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Cuz we can!

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
That was pretty a cool video

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
I'm sending this one to my kids - now they'll understand! (or put me away for good!)

·
Apprentice Poser
427 Posts
Nice....and sums it up. After a life on two wheels, family members' constantly voiced fears and negativity made me choose getting rid of my bikes. Now seven years later they're hammering me again, FTW and them....I'm back up.

Just sent the vid to them. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
So cool, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A friend of mind that I ride with sent me this awhile ago - his subject line, "Touching vid, only a biker will get"

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Some folks will just NEVER GET IT though...

I wrecked in 09/93 with my new bike coming in the beginning of 10/93. Laying on the gurney in the ER, roadrash everywhere, broken bones, etc., I whispered; "doc, hey doc". He said; "it's OK Mr. Stern, no internal injuries, your ribs and hands will heal fine". Said to him; "no doc, it's not that - I need to know, HOW SOON CAN I RIDE AGAIN"! Man was he PISSED, like; "I don't get you assholes. They scrape you off the road, airlift you in here all broken up, and all you idiots are interested in is getting BACK ON A MOTORCYCLE. What the hell is up with you guys?"

My reply? "IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND ANYWAY"...

Spent every day in my friends shop when I got out of the hospital, working my clutch hand for an hour in the morning and again in the afternoon (severely dislocated thumb).

Picked up my new bike 3 weeks after the accident. A buddy of mine took me down to get it. Told me he was watching me in his rearview as we left the dealer. I was all tensed up and had this scared look about me. Then after a couple of blocks, he saw me start to relax, and then this BIG SHITEATING GRIN came across my face, as I whacked the throttle and passed him.

Very few who DON'T RIDE, can ever hope to understand what motivates us to do what we do, despite the incredible risk to life and limb. I don't expect some of them EVER WILL.

Ever see the smile on a DOGS FACE with his head hanging out a car window? THAT'S US!

Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts